Sign in with
Your question

H100i?

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 3:39:07 AM

I have the Cooler Master 812 CPU cooler but it's this big giant thingy inside of my case that has cords everywhere and completely ruins my cable management, even though my case does not really have much cable management. Would it be worth it?

More about : h100i

a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 8:36:38 AM

H100i and big expensive water coolers like that are really only beneficial to overclockers. If you are an overclocker I say yes, go for it! It makes a big difference in sound + the numbers you can reach overclocking are higher! If you don't overclock, I say don't spend all that cash, buy one of the lower end models - an H50 or H60 offer small CPU blocks but still big, good 120mm fans on their rads to cool, which still has some overclocking headroom, and the silence of a water cooler.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 10:43:14 AM

^ all of that has no real validity. Those closed loop cooler(CLC's) are nothing but piles of junk with a fake "watercooling" tag on them.

if you're going watercooling, invest in an entry level kit like an XSPC rasa 240/360 kit...better yet, head down to teh watercooling sticky(in my sig) and maybe pop down to the closed loop coolers section to be better informed of these so called liquid coolers.

there are more reasons for not getting a Hxx series

If you really need something cheap and is also good should you go for that overclocking agenda , the Hyper 212 evo is right up your alley. Beyond that, there's no real reason to move to an expensive and crappy cooler thats outperformed by a cheaper air cooler.

btw, you haven't mentioned anything about your full system specs...
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 6:13:37 PM

Lutfij said:
^ all of that has no real validity. Those closed loop cooler(CLC's) are nothing but piles of junk with a fake "watercooling" tag on them.

if you're going watercooling, invest in an entry level kit like an XSPC rasa 240/360 kit...better yet, head down to teh watercooling sticky(in my sig) and maybe pop down to the closed loop coolers section to be better informed of these so called liquid coolers.

there are more reasons for not getting a Hxx series

If you really need something cheap and is also good should you go for that overclocking agenda , the Hyper 212 evo is right up your alley. Beyond that, there's no real reason to move to an expensive and crappy cooler thats outperformed by a cheaper air cooler.

btw, you haven't mentioned anything about your full system specs...

I upgraded from the Hyper 212.
I so far have a AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9GHz for it to cool.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 6:18:58 PM

getting an H100 or even the i will net you similar temps. Nothing worth shelling twice the amount of your already functioning cooler. If you do want head crunching temps, might want to take a look at the watercooling sticky.
m
l
a c 177 à CPUs
December 6, 2012 11:56:15 PM

with the hxx series u get the less space taken by air coolers, even for its higher price and same cooling
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2012 12:05:40 AM

id just stick with the 812 or sell it off for a noctua d14. or you can build yourself a loop. cheap watercooling -> broken pump and leaks -> dead rig
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2012 12:11:17 AM

@ lazyboy - so you'd waste money to save space to achieve the same performance?

although an owner of an H50 w/ fusion block dual rad mod I strongly discourage buying it. Instead I've learnt from that and went real watercooling.
m
l
a c 177 à CPUs
December 7, 2012 3:26:02 AM

not saying i would personally do it, but he mentioned its bulk is messing up his cable management, so he may like a more visual clean look idk, and he went from a hyper 212, to the 812 so not that he wasted his money but if he doesnt prefer the larger air coolers then maybe spending on a closed loop cooler, for what he has for an oc the hyper 212 would of been sufficient
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2012 9:05:25 AM

Quote:
for what he has for an oc the hyper 212 would of been sufficient
yeah thas just it. If OP wants to pursue higher OC's or just better temps all round, going for a kit solution like the XSPC rasa RX360 would net better results for the money he'll drop in it.

+ his cablemanagement will be further improved.

Going for a closed loop cooler is all upto the OP, its his money after all, but its my experience thas saying don't do it.
* if a tower cooler is messing up with your cablemangement efforts you're def not doing it right!
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
December 7, 2012 9:06:55 AM

Spending $100+ to clear about 2 cables isn't really worth it. Put your money where you really would benefit from, like an SSD.
m
l
a c 177 à CPUs
December 8, 2012 3:44:09 AM

i get that spending that wouldnt be worth it, but im not sure what the OP wants, he hasnt mentioned overclocking any farther, just mentioned cable management his 8120 @3.9, the bulk of the 812, and nothing else on what he wants like for overclocking etc
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
December 8, 2012 11:59:47 AM

At this point cooling isn't what it really comes down to when you are checking to see how far you can push your CPU.
m
l
!