Sign in with
Your question

Got a gtx 670 card with problem - please report it here!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2012 8:57:11 PM

Hey, i have heard lots of people around the net complaining about their gtx 670 running unstable or getting hot and noisy. Therefore i asked Tomshard to make a review about different gtx 670 cards to find out which one of them is best. There is nothing more annoying then buying a expensive card that wont work properly...
I think it would be a great help for many people who are considering buying the card if you posted which card you have(evga, gigabyte and so on..) and what problem that occurs.
Thank you in advance ;) 
a c 272 U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 9:13:38 PM

shawis said:
Hey, i have heard lots of people around the net complaining about their gtx 670 running unstable or getting hot and noisy. Therefore i asked Tomshard to make a review about different gtx 670 cards to find out which one of them is best. There is nothing more annoying then buying a expensive card that wont work properly...
I think it would be a great help for many people who are considering buying the card if you posted which card you have(evga, gigabyte and so on..) and what problem that occurs.
Thank you in advance ;) 

Considering how this is your first post and thread, when and how was that request made?
a c 291 U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 9:18:09 PM

I don't really think that it's brand problem. I bet most problems come from driver problems - people are too lazy to reinstall windows upon getting a new card.

Secondly - faulty cards happen with all brands. However, they are the minority, and no review will cover it up.
Related resources
June 1, 2012 9:18:59 PM

I sended an e-mail a couple of days ago and a guy named Chris responded. He said you did not have an issue in your labs with it, and asked if i could pinpoint to a discussion about it. It's spread around the internet so thought it could be smarter to let people adress there issues here(if they had any).
June 1, 2012 9:24:22 PM

This is not a troll thread since i am curios about it because i want to buy one myself and know several other guys with same problem...
Im not an ati nor nvidia fan so dont care about that...
Okay, i hope you are right about that Sunius. Just funny there are several topics about it around..
December 1, 2012 2:26:42 AM

I have an MSI GTX 670 Twin Frozr IV 2GB and I just started Far Cry 3 Today and my card hit 78 and was loud because the fan was running I think max was 65%-70%..cant remember. Got me a little worried because FC3 wasn't really running as good as I hoped. But I can tell you this....I got the card about 3 weeks ago and then I got an SSD a week ago and I installed a new Windows 7 Ultimate on that puppy. Throughout my gaming years I've done it both ways and a Vid Card upgrade is no reason to re-install OS. Upgrading that card is simple..why make it harder and get ZERO benefit out of it?
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2012 3:52:02 AM

I have actually noticed a LOT of 670 problems esp the MSI power editions. Reason being that MSI secretly Overvolts these cards to make them run faster. There was an article on toms about this too so I would suggest avoiding any MSI 670 and 660ti cards.

Link:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvo...
!