Detect Magic

How does this spell benefit a mage? I don't see how knowing a target has
beneficial magic on it and not being able to do anything about it helps me.
Also Amplify Magic. If I could use it on an enemy to increase damage it
would make sense, but it's only on friendlies. Can someone explain the
benefit of these spells?

"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
> How does this spell benefit a mage? I don't see how knowing a target has
> beneficial magic on it and not being able to do anything about it helps
> me.
> Also Amplify Magic. If I could use it on an enemy to increase damage it
> would make sense, but it's only on friendlies. Can someone explain the
> benefit of these spells?

I'm not sure about Detect Magic but Amplify / Dampen (?) Magic has it's
uses. Dampen magic can reduce the damage of enemy spells on you. Amplify
can increase the healing a person receives but the downfall is they will
take more damage from enemy spells. I guess this would be useful when
fighting non casters.

in PVP u can c with "Detect magic" the "im just leaving instance /
windrider" buff... so u can attack enemy at the time u get honoir for
the kill... and not before... (ok.. its a bit unfair but its a nice
side effect of the spell)
(im not a mage...)

in PVP u can c with "Detect magic" the "im just leaving instance /
windrider" buff... so u can attack enemy at the time u get honoir for
the kill... and not before... (ok.. its a bit unfair but its a nice
side effect of the spell)
(im not a mage...)

Can anybody translate please?

jeff

"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
> How does this spell benefit a mage? I don't see how knowing a target has
> beneficial magic on it and not being able to do anything about it helps
> me.
> Also Amplify Magic. If I could use it on an enemy to increase damage it
> would make sense, but it's only on friendlies. Can someone explain the
> benefit of these spells?

I use Detect Magic as a wat to let the group know who is getting sheep
because it doesn't generate aggro and the whole group can see it on the mob.

alex

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> in PVP u can c with "Detect magic" the "im just leaving instance /
> windrider" buff... so u can attack enemy at the time u get honoir for
> the kill... and not before... (ok.. its a bit unfair but its a nice
> side effect of the spell)
> (im not a mage...)
>>>>
> Can anybody translate please?

I think this is referring to the 'Dishonourable Target' state (or whatever
it's called), that you have for a few moments after landing from a flight.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:43:55 -0500, "Jeff" <noone@home.net> wrote:

>"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message

>I use Detect Magic as a wat to let the group know who is getting sheep
>because it doesn't generate aggro and the whole group can see it on the mob.

My thanks to everyone who posted this aspect - now *that* is genuinely
useful info to have, as I've never seen anyone do this I couldn't see
any purpose to the spell, so hadn't (and probably would never have)
bought it, and so didn't know.

I'll be having my mage learn the spell immediately, and add it to my
bog-standard "Sheeping %t" party macro!

Cheers, and thanks. Ian

> I think this is referring to the 'Dishonourable Target' state (or whatever
> it's called), that you have for a few moments after landing from a flight.

Jepp.. thats it.. i didnt know how its called.... u c this
"Dishonourable Target" buff of ur enemies and can attack them, when it
disappears... so u get honourable kill.

TRENDING THREADS