Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

570 vs 560ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2012 11:34:40 PM

Definitely the GTX 570!! The price just went down so you're at a great time to buy it.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:34:43 PM

The GTX570 is better
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:37:09 PM

Agreed, 570 all the way.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:46:28 PM

I'd recommend the GTX 570 2560MB (1.25GB is dangerously close to being not enough for 1080p in some games) or even better, the Radeon 7850. The 7850 uses less than half of the 570's power usage and that saves a good amount of money in the electric bill. The 7850 has 2GB of VRAM and is the most power efficient card in this performance tier and it comes with one or two free games that if you would have bought or if you sell them, make it the cheapest up-front purchase for its performance tier (the GTX 570, GTX 480, Radeon 6970, and Radeon 7850 are all in the same performance tier).
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:51:20 PM

I would agree with blazorthon if you can get over using AMD GPU the 7850 is a sweet buy but i don't like AMD so i won't recommend it however the 7850 is a better buy.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 1, 2012 11:55:44 PM

bigcyco1 said:
I would agree with blazorthon if you can get over using AMD GPU the 7850 is a sweet buy but i don't like AMD so i won't recommend it however the 7850 is a better buy.


You say that it's a sweet buy and a better buy, but you say that you don't recommend it because you don't like AMD? That's a little confusing. Are you saying that you don't like the company for some reason? If you're referring to the past driver problems, those have been fixed on the modern Radeon cards, even up to the Radeon 7800 cards, although Radeon 7900 cards still have a little trouble with Crossfire and Eyefinity being used at the same time in DX11 games.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 2, 2012 12:06:49 AM

blazorthon said:
You say that it's a sweet buy and a better buy, but you say that you don't recommend it because you don't like AMD? That's a little confusing. Are you saying that you don't like the company for some reason? If you're referring to the past driver problems, those have been fixed on the modern Radeon cards, even up to the Radeon 7800 cards, although Radeon 7900 cards still have a little trouble with Crossfire and Eyefinity being used at the same time in DX11 games.
I was referring to the driver issues i didn't know if they been worked out i have nothing against the company itself i should of worded it better
Score
0
June 6, 2012 4:07:41 AM

blazorthon said:
I'd recommend the GTX 570 2560MB (1.25GB is dangerously close to being not enough for 1080p in some games) or even better, the Radeon 7850. The 7850 uses less than half of the 570's power usage and that saves a good amount of money in the electric bill. The 7850 has 2GB of VRAM and is the most power efficient card in this performance tier and it comes with one or two free games that if you would have bought or if you sell them, make it the cheapest up-front purchase for its performance tier (the GTX 570, GTX 480, Radeon 6970, and Radeon 7850 are all in the same performance tier).


So you think that this 7850 would be much better than both of the other two cards? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 4:16:39 AM

Quote:
not necessarily..


How so? The 7850's overclocking headroom can only be approached by the GTX 480 out of these cards and even then, at a huge cost in power usage and 25% less VRAM capacity. At stock or overclocked, the 7850's huge power efficiency saves significant amounts of money, especially with the many very power hungry card in its performance range.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 7:18:34 AM

7850 at $250-260 = my pick
gtx 480 at $210-220 = my pick
gtx 570 at $270-over priced still.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 8:54:25 AM

bigcyco1 said:
7850 at $250-260 = my pick
gtx 480 at $210-220 = my pick
gtx 570 at $270-over priced still.


How come? GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850. I'd call HD 7850 overpriced instead.. It's performance/price ratio is quite poor.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 9:18:50 AM

Sunius said:
How come? GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850. I'd call HD 7850 overpriced instead.. It's performance/price ratio is quite poor.
Well actually it's a hard choice your right the HD 7850 as well as the GTX570 are both overpriced neither are worth it really imho but that's the way it goes what can you do that's life it sucks sometimes :lol:  i think your best bet OP is waiting for the GTX660
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 9:30:16 AM

Sunius said:
How come? GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850. I'd call HD 7850 overpriced instead.. It's performance/price ratio is quite poor.
The 570 is going to be a little faster in certain games the 570 is a better card i know but its not worth that price difference.And for the most part the 7850 is kinda its equal http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/518?vs=549 according to Tom the 7850 is faster than the gtx 560 Ti 448 and equivalent to the gtx 570. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html 7850.= More VRAM, less power consumption, great OC capacity.but it still overpriced. :lol: 
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 10:53:56 AM

Some people don't care about over $100 differences per year between these cards? Some people are stupid. Regardless, that still leaves the 7850 as the top overclocker in its stock performance range.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 10:59:42 AM

Top overclocker doesn't mean top performer..
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:00:15 AM

Sunius said:
How come? GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850. I'd call HD 7850 overpriced instead.. It's performance/price ratio is quite poor.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That 7850 is far faster than a GTX 570 and is almost as fast as a 7870. This 7850 is also cheaper than the cheapest GTX 570, has far more VRAM capacity (1.25GB is barely enough for 1080p in numerous games today and how long is it until we have games that push even further in VRAM usage?), uses about half the power, can be overclocked even further, and scales much better in CF than the 570 does in SLI.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:01:28 AM

Sunius said:
Top overclocker doesn't mean top performer..


When overclocked to reasonable maximums, of the cards in its stock performance range, the 7850 is then the top performer. The 7850 beats the 570, the 6970, and fights off the 480 too.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:02:31 AM

What are you talking about, GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850 and that's a fact. Furthermore, it's 12% faster while being 4% more expensive.. Talk about performance/price lol.

Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:03:49 AM

Quote:
I have shut down his entire argument..


Yea you posted few secs before me ;) .
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:04:16 AM

Sunius said:
What are you talking about, GTX 570 is faster than HD 7850 and that's a fact. Furthermore, it's 12% faster while being 4% more expensive.. Talk about performance/price lol.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/images/perfrel_1920.gif


I clearly said that when overclocked, the 7850 is faster and that the factory overclocked card I mentioned is faster, not that the reference 7850 is faster at stock.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:05:27 AM

Why do you compare stock GTX 570 vs overclocked HD 7850? When both are in same state (either overclocked or stock), GTX 570 is still faster. Stop making up facts.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:05:41 AM

Quote:
again no.
just stop now dude..


Tell that to my slightly modded 7850 at over 1.4GHz (on air) that can meet the Radeon 7970 in gaming performance.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:06:51 AM

Sunius said:
Why do you compare stock GTX 570 vs overclocked HD 7850? When both are in same state (either overclocked or stock), GTX 570 is still faster. Stop making up facts.


I'm not... The 7850, when overclocked, beats the GTX 570, when overclocked, if you bring both to their practical maximums (assuming that you don't get a bad card).
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:08:14 AM

Quote:
too bad HD Radeon doesn't realize it's not about clock speed..
same as Bulldozer.
lost cause..


At 860MHz stock, the 7850 is almost as fast as the GTX 570. At about 925MHz to 950MHz, it matches the stock. WTF are you talking about here? GCN GPUs aren't anything like Bulldozer.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:11:43 AM

Quote:
same company and same philosophy..


Your philosophy is completely wrong. The GCN GPUs don't have poor IPC. The 7850 simply has fewer cores than necessary for it to match the GTX 570 at the same clock frequency.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:12:18 AM

Quote:
repeat.
and then you clock the GTX 570....
WHUT.!


Repeat. And then you overclock the 7850 and it beats the overclocked 570.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:13:55 AM

Quote:
that's where your wrong...
I'm out.
your a lost cause..


Oh? Can a GTX 570 meet or beat the reference Radeon 7970 when overclocked on stock air cooling? My 7850 can. Heck, it can go even farther if I wanted to really push it.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:17:29 AM

Quote:
whatever and it's plated in gold too....
you lose.

shut you down on your next thread too..

cheers.
:hello: 


I lose? My 7850 meets or beats the 7970. That's a win. CF versus SLI and OC versus OC and power usage versus power usage, the battle isn't even close between the 570 and the 7850. The 7850 can save over $100 per year compared to the GTX 570 while outperforming the 570 through overclocking and if you throw in another 7850, the two will beat two 570s even more. Do you think that more performance with one 7850 than one 570 and increasing the difference substantially with two 7850s versus two 570s while being cheaper is a loss? Heck, two 7850s could use less power than one 570 while beating 570 SLI greatly.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:38:27 AM

Quote:
I sugest that you wait for GTX 670
WTF! :lol:  the GTX670 is already here it's been here for a while now :pt1cable:  i think you meant the GTX660 ;)  That's what i am waiting for as well. :sol: 
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:42:53 AM

bigcyco1 said:
WTF! :lol:  the GTX670 is already here it's been here for a while now :pt1cable:  i think you meant the GTX660 ;)  That's what i am waiting for as well. :sol: 


Now that's reasonable. With the 660 supposed to be released soon, we should get to see how well it and the 7850 compete. Heck, maybe it's better than the 7850. Either way, prices could drop with its launch.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:49:31 AM

blazorthon said:
I lose? My 7850 meets or beats the 7970. That's a win. CF versus SLI and OC versus OC and power usage versus power usage, the battle isn't even close between the 570 and the 7850. The 7850 can save over $100 per year compared to the GTX 570 while outperforming the 570 through overclocking and if you throw in another 7850, the two will beat two 570s even more. Do you think that more performance with one 7850 than one 570 and increasing the difference substantially with two 7850s versus two 570s while being cheaper is a loss? Heck, two 7850s could use less power than one 570 while beating 570 SLI greatly.


How about you post some proof of your benchmarking scores because I call BS that your HD 7850 matches HD 7970, which is twice as expensive.

And the only way you will save $100 is if you keep your PC 24/365 running furmark. More realistic would be $20 savings per year.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:51:20 AM

Sunius said:
How about you post some proof of your benchmarking scores because I call BS that your HD 7850 matches HD 7970, which is twice as expensive.

And the only way you will save $100 is if you keep your PC 24/365 running furmark. More realistic would be $20 savings per year.


Srry, but I've done the calcs with an electrician and they are accurate. If it was on 24/7 then the difference could shoot up to over $250 per year, maybe into the $300 range with furmark. The 7850 uses about half as much power as the GTX 570 when both are at load in gaming, usually somewhat less than half. That's a lot of power that you're saving. It gets even worse for the 570 when you do an OC power usage versus OC power usage comparison.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 11:55:36 AM

If the power savings were $100 per year HD 7850 vs GTX 570, then for HD 7850 alone you'd pay $100 a year, not considering other components. That's BS. Your calculations are very inaccurate. I don't know with whom you consulted by doing the calculations, but that guy really did not attend school.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 12:01:15 PM

... This is a more than 100w device that we're talking about here. Even assuming a mere 3 to 4 hours of game time (on average) for at least three days per week and that the computer is off when not gaming and that you have a very efficient PSU (at least 80+), that's a more than $40 difference between the 570 and the 7850 with both at stock, reference clocks. As the clocks go up, this number increases in the 7850's favor because the difference in power usage increases. If we use a more realistic measurement of the 7850 versus the 570 in power usage, say maybe add a ittle more game time and don't have the computer completely off when not gaming, the difference easily surpasses $100. Even at idle, the 7850 uses a mere fraction of the power consumed by the 570 and they would likely spend a lot of time at or near idle in this comparison.

The 570 simply uses a heck of a lot more power and many people underestimate the impact of a computer's power consumption. A non-gaming computer with a decent, but lower end CPU, would truly use fairly insignificant amounts of power most of the time and would not have a huge hit in the electric bill. The same simply is not the case for a decent gaming computer.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 12:05:50 PM

I wonder how do you approach $50.

Let's say the difference is 100 watts (which it approximately is). The power supply is 80% efficient, that brings it to 125 watts. 4 hours a day, 3 days per week is 12 hours a week, and 625 hours a year. In that time you use up 78 kWh of electricity. Are you saving you're paying 50/78 = $0.64 for a single kWh? Yeah right :lol: 
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 12:22:43 PM

The difference is greater than 100w and I made a typo, that should have said $40, not $50. Of course it comes down to personal preference. Some people want the 570 despite the higher power usage, lower VRAM capacity, lower overclocking potential, higher average price, etc. Regardless of why, this all goes down to personal preference. Some people like the better card and that is the 7850, while other people want the 570 anyway. Maybe they intend to use CUDA or PhysX so they have a good reason, but for overall gaming, the 7850 is the better card.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 12:56:07 PM

blazorthon said:
The difference is greater than 100w and I made a typo, that should have said $40, not $50. Of course it comes down to personal preference. Some people want the 570 despite the higher power usage, lower VRAM capacity, lower overclocking potential, higher average price, etc. Regardless of why, this all goes down to personal preference. Some people like the better card and that is the 7850, while other people want the 570 anyway. Maybe they intend to use CUDA or PhysX so they have a good reason, but for overall gaming, the 7850 is the better card.


40/78 is still $0.51 per kWh.. That's unrealistic, the actual cost is $0.15-0.20...
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 12:59:50 PM

Sunius said:
40/78 is still $0.51 per kWh.. That's unrealistic, the actual cost is $0.15-0.20...


Maybe I confused it with a higher up GTX 480 comparison because yes, those numbers do look too high. Either way, in realistic power consumption measurements unlike what we just did, the difference is still very high and can easily get to about $100, give or take a few dollars.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 1:08:38 PM

What makes you say my measurement isn't realistic?

Even if you up the usage to 5 hours a day - 7 days per week - you get 1825 hours a year. Considering 125 watt difference after PSU inefficiency, that would bring you to 228 kWh a year difference. Considering $0.20 per kWh - that would be around $45.70. Still nowhere $100..
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 1:13:14 PM

Who leaves their computer completely off when it's not in use? I don't know anyone who does. Beyond that, as power usage increases, so too does the electric bill's rates, at least in the USA where we have tiered electric rates per KWh based on how much power we use in a month. Then yet again, the difference is more than 100w without calculating for PSU inefficiency, so your numbers are wrong without even needing to explain the above.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 1:19:29 PM

Are you serious? An average power consumption is 10% different from what I calculated. That's 110 watts.



Even will my 10% 'error' is still around $50 and no where near $100. And I don't know about where you live, but I pay static payment for each kWh.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 1:43:09 PM

Quote:
it's not that big of a deal for both of you to carry on like this.
the money in electricity bill is not enough to make or break anyone..

pros and cons for each card.
points made by both parties.
let the OP decide.

plus I haven't even mention nVidia and better drivers.
heck HD Radeon just released a statement saying no more monthly driver updates because it was causing more problems.
I can find link, it's here on Toms'...


AMD is not doing monthly releases anymore because that doesn't make sense. One month to find causes for problems, try to fix them, and then test them and hope they work? AMD is adopting a driver release strategy similar to Nvidia's driver strategy of updating when they have a new driver worth releasing. Also, Nvidia is having worse driver problems than AMD right now. The Radeon 7000 cards have had every major driver issue fixed within the last few releases, especially the new Catalyst 12.6a release. Nvidia now has V-Sync/stuttering issues and a bug in their most recent driver that can cause a card to throttle down to 2D frequencies even during gaming, making gaming pretty much impossible for the many affected until they roll back their drivers. I've already helped two people in the forums here that had to deal with that last problem in less than a single month.

I have noticed that some of the AMD cards need RMAs more often than Nvidia's cards right now, but Nvidia does not have better drivers anymore.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 1:51:53 PM

Sunius said:
Are you serious? An average power consumption is 10% different from what I calculated. That's 110 watts.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/images/power_average.gif

Even will my 10% 'error' is still around $50 and no where near $100. And I don't know about where you live, but I pay static payment for each kWh.


Again... Do you just leave it off when you're not gaming? You're ignoring all of the time that the machine spends not gaming and not being off unless you actually use it for only gaming and you leave it completely of when you're not using it.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 2:13:59 PM

O.K. fellas let's just drop it both cards have there pros and cons GTX 570 is the faster card, hands-down. The 7850 uses less power,has more VRAM capacity, and is 20 usd cheaper and may reach a higher overclock frequency.. but as we all know, you can't compare clock frequencies between cards of different architectures.The GTX570 has it cons higher power usage, lower VRAM capacity,bottom line... IDK why so many people including myself have said they are identical performance wise seems i didn't know what the hell i was talking about lol. The 7870 is more or less identical to the GTX 570 in terms of performance but not the 7850. Not stock vs stock or max OC vs max OC.at least not according to these benchmarks http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/...
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
June 6, 2012 2:37:37 PM

blazorthon said:
Again... Do you just leave it off when you're not gaming? You're ignoring all of the time that the machine spends not gaming and not being off unless you actually use it for only gaming and you leave it completely of when you're not using it.


Yea average power consumption covers that up.

Anyway, thanks to bigcyco1 for expressing his justified opinion and providing proof.
Score
0
!