Improving Air Flow in Antec SOLO II

carnviorousmonster

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Hello there guys,

I wanted to ask this question as, I recently received my Antec SOLO II which I shall be using as my gaming PC case.
I have read many reviews and one of the things which have cropped up about this case is the temperatures inside. I know that there is an exhaust on the back and I shall be adding 2 Air Series AF120 Performance Edition High Airflow 120mm Fan, to be used in the front as intake fans.

The load shall be:
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Motherboard
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB (OC)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular Power Supply
LG DVD Burner
TP-Link 300mbps WiFi Adapter

On the front there are slits in the sides and bottom of the door which should allow intake to the front fans, but people are saying this shall stave the fan? True?

Will the one exhaust on the back be enough or should I get a PCI Fan or even mod my case and add another exhaust somewhere?

Any first hand experience in using this case the Antec SOLO II, and do you know if you system gets hot or not?

If this questions could be answered I would be greatfull. If you need anymore information or would like to ask me questions on the build so you can come up with a solution or just want to know, please feel free to ask.

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Generally, when you buy a case to silence your PC you will sacrifice cooling. These PC cases are meant for general uses and HTPC users. You won't get the best cooling out of this case, but with two intakes that are high performance, a high performance exhaust you will be more that acceptable for temperatures. I think the top of the case has another fan mount, mount one there and you will be fine, air exhaust seems to be the issue with this case, with only one exhaust. The thing that will bring up your temperatures the most in the case will be your graphics card. When a case has lower airflow, a blower style card (like so: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/graphics-cards/evga-geforce-gtx-660-review-1096787/review) will get the graphics cards hot air right out of the case. The card you have moves air everywhere, out and around inside the case, which is why a case with airflow is essential for some graphics cards, the top exhaust fan will be crucial.