patarrfwifwi

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I ordered a computer today that I've been researching and updating for months and am going over everything one last time to make sure it's all compatible, and I have one question: is the 4+4 pin connector the one I will use to power the CPU?

Here is the board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
Here is the PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159126

The PSU seems like a great deal but the lack of feedback on it makes me suspicious that maybe there's something about its features that people are noticing right away and not buying it. I'm wondering if that's the case with the CPU power connector.

Solution

After being here as long as I have that really opened my eyes to purchasing good / bad power supplies, I'll never again purchase one because I think it's a good value. You have to look closer.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'd send that power supply back - Coolmax is one of the absolute worst PSU makers in the industry. It's never a good idea to rely on stores for product reviews because the people reviewing products on stores don't have access to professional testing equipment.

You don't have to worry about compatibilty - all Z77 motherboards use the same +-24 pin power connector and +-8 pin voltage connector.

g-unit1111

Titan

Interesting. I had an X3 850W model and it failed on me left and right. I finally switched it for a Corsair TX750 and it's been problem free ever since.

D

Deleted member 217926

Ultra as a brand tier 1? No. But as azeem40 showed with the jonnygugu link they did actually sell at least 1 model that didn't suck!

Personally I would not buy one, even one rated that highly but in general I don't trust Andyson their "good" OEM. Their basic models are made by ShenZhen RuiSheng Yuan and I don't have to tell you how good a thing that is ( not ). :sarcastic:

g-unit1111

Titan

After being here as long as I have that really opened my eyes to purchasing good / bad power supplies, I'll never again purchase one because I think it's a good value. You have to look closer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS