BCP3: FFFFFA8009F45340
BCP4: FFFFF800033D3510
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072512-10779-01.dmp
C:\Users\potatoe3.0\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-17362-0.sysdata.xml

hey guys, i have built a new computer and every now and again my computer will crash and i will get a bluescreen.

my current setup is

i5 2400
asrock b75 pro3 motherboard
8gb musking ddr3 1600 ram(running at 1333)
ocz vertex 3 120gb ssd
antec 520 power supply(i forget the model number i believe it is an earthwatts)

at any rate the bluescreens happen randomly

sometimes i thappens right when i boot into my desktop, sometimes it happens when i check my email. sometimes it does not appear for days.

i have reinstalled windows(did not solve)

my motherboard is set to ahci(for the ssd)

all drivers are up to date, as well as bios being up to date.

trim is active and i have the latest firmware for my ssd i also have defragmentor set to not run and i am perfectly aligned.

i have run memtest on my ram and i got through 2 passes with no errors.

i have ran with stick in every slot of my motherboard no changes.

my temperatures are in good ranges(never gets past 50 C)

I have switched out processor and video card no changes.

cannot figure it out.

any help would be nice

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Here's a Win7 forum thread on a similar issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/178750-frequent-bsods-bccode-f4-03-a.html

Here's a page (referenced in that thread) about BSOD errors in general that may have more information for you: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#General_Information

In general, I would say that if your RAM, CPU, and other components are working well that you may have an issue with your PSU or your hard drive. I would run diagnostics on both of them to see if that helps. I know there are tools online for hard drive tests, but I'm not sure about the PSU; for that reason I would test the hard drives first. Here's a link to an article that has a couple programs: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-health-monitoring-utility.htm

Update us if you get any more info from those sites. Good luck!

dane332

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Hey guys ,

thank you all for the replies,

I'm not a new guy when it comes to computer trouble shooting but this one is really a hard one to pin point.

I wouldn't say it is a virus as this i'm on my second windows installation(clean installation formatted ssds and all of that.) Avg does not come up with anything either.

I did google the bbc code at the start of the windows diagnostic screen(the little window that pops up after a bluescreen and gives you a summary of the bsod)

and it seems to be a hard one to pinpoint.

BCCode: f4

the f4 can either be the hard drive(ssd in this case. f4 deals with i/o or drivers ). at least according to windows seven forums.

i feel pretty confident that my psu is fine. i'll have to see if i have any others lying around to test with just to be sure.

I really feel its the ssd. i never really liked the ocz name but for 40 dollars(on newegg must have been a mess up on their part because as soon as i purchased it it was changed to its original price) it was hard to pass up.

i already use crystal disk info and ssd life both say my ssd is in 100% fine condition.

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Do you have a data drive as well? (I'm gonna say yes since you paid $40 for the SSD, so it's probably small) Try installing Windows on your HDD and see if you get improved performance. Or try speaking with OCZ's customer service to see if others have experienced this problem.

dane332

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
i do have a spinner drive(mechanical if thats what you are talking about ) its brand new. fresh out of shrink wrap its a wd 1tb i forget the model number,

at anyrate,

i'm on a new different ssd now, a samsung 830. no bsod so far.