Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is the best graphics card i can get with this?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Gateway
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 2, 2012 1:26:14 AM

gateway gt5282e
http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1009615/1009615sp2.sh...

i know it's a bit old. just wanting to run games a bit smoother.

More about : graphics card

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 1:55:26 AM
Share
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 1:56:20 AM

well your mobo has one pci express x16 slot, so you can add new graphics card. But your 300w power supply is limiting everything. I think an ati 6570 would do just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

this runs fine on a 300w psu, even on a 220w hp slimline.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 1:57:22 AM

shamsmu said:
well your mobo has one pci express x16 slot, so you can add new graphics card. But your 300w power supply is limiting everything. I think an ati 6570 would do just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

this runs fine on a 300w psu, even on a 220w hp slimline.

HD 6670 would perform better AND it has GDDR5 memory which for gaming increases performance a ton.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 2:05:06 AM

Vettedude said:
HD 6670 would perform better AND it has GDDR5 memory which for gaming increases performance a ton.


yeah I know but I was more worried about the power draw. While the 6670 runs fine on some 300w psu but the psu has to be modern and I think the one op has is a bit old. The 6570 works fine on my hp slimline with 220w so I thought it was the safest bet. Either card will be a huge upgrade from the integrated graphics op has.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 2:12:19 AM

shamsmu said:
yeah I know but I was more worried about the power draw. While the 6670 runs fine on some 300w psu but the psu has to be modern and I think the one op has is a bit old. The 6570 works fine on my hp slimline with 220w so I thought it was the safest bet. Either card will be a huge upgrade from the integrated graphics op has.

A 6670 on a 300w with only a dual core would be fine. We're only talking around a 10-20w difference between the 2. And the 6670 has better VRAM bandwidth, pixel fillrate, and texture rate. And at low-end cards, those are all performance limiters (not like high end cards where Pixel fillrate has hit a wall since it doesn't need to get higher, 32 ROP's is fine).
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:15:29 AM

thanks for the suggestions. The only game i play right now is league of legends. It sucks playing 12 fps at low settings. If my comp really can handle it i might as well invest in the 6670 but either is a huge step up from this integrated card.
really appreciate the help guys.
m
0
l
June 12, 2012 12:33:49 AM

Best answer selected by wonderhimself.
m
0
l
!