Your question

Is my build compatible? and Questions

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
July 25, 2012 8:18:35 AM

Hello, I'm a noob when it comes to computers in general so I'm just wondering whether my build will be compatible.
Motherboard: AsRock z77 - extreme4
CPU: intel i5 3570
GPU: Gigabyte 2G GTX 670
RAM: 8G 1600 G.skill sniper
SSD: samsung 830 series 128gb
HDD: WD Green 1tb
Case: Antec 902v3
PSU: Corsair HX750

Also, can the gtx 670 run dual monitors? (one monitor for gaming and the other for forums/guides/facebook) The two monitors im planning to use is the 23" LG E2351VR. How much drop in performance will this cause for the GTX 670? The games i will mostly be playing are BF3 and GW2.

Any suggestions are welcome

More about : build compatible questions

July 25, 2012 8:23:52 AM

Those parts are all compatible and of course the 670 will run 2 monitors and you should not really see any performance drop if you are only using one to game on.
m
l
July 25, 2012 10:40:44 AM

possibly an upgrade to a 3570k if you can afford it. it leaves opyions for overclocking, and the k series tend to live longer
m
l
Related resources
July 25, 2012 11:02:16 AM

Looks like an awesome build. 2 quick things.

Are there any plans to OC in the future?

What are you using for a CPU cooler?

I ask because you may run into clearence issues on the memory with some coolers. If there are plans to OC you'll want to grab the 3570K.
m
l
July 25, 2012 11:09:20 AM

If you want to overclock, you need a 3570k and an aftermarket heatsink for the CPU. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is the standard one to get on a budget.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Dont get a Green drive, they are slow by design and the energy savings are negligible. Get a proper 7200RPM drive like the WD Caviar Black or Seagate Barracuda. Often a proper drive is cheaper as well, though I have no idea why.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A GTX670 can easily run dual monitors. For multi-monitor gaming you need 3+, so the other screen will just sit at the desktop or go black (depending on the game). There should be no performance drop.
m
l
July 25, 2012 1:32:24 PM

AaronC8319 said:
Looks like an awesome build. 2 quick things.

Are there any plans to OC in the future?

What are you using for a CPU cooler?

I ask because you may run into clearence issues on the memory with some coolers. If there are plans to OC you'll want to grab the 3570K.

In the foreseeable future I don't intend on overclocking.
and as CPU cooling goes, i was hoping the stock fan will suffice, but if i need to get an aftermarket heatsink, im going to purchase the Coolermaster Universal Hyper 212 EVO (what manofchalk suggested)

manofchalk said:
Dont get a Green drive, they are slow by design and the energy savings are negligible. Get a proper 7200RPM drive like the WD Caviar Black or Seagate Barracuda. Often a proper drive is cheaper as well, though I have no idea why.

Is it really that much slower? =/ I was thinking about getting the Caviar black but from what i've heard they are relatively loud. As far as performance goes, will the caviar blue suffice?
m
l
July 25, 2012 3:22:03 PM

seagate are slightly (only by the tiniest bit) better on average, so a barracuda is a better choice anyway
m
l
!