Sign in with
Your question

How do I get this thing started?

Last response: in Mac Os X
September 10, 2010 2:15:42 AM

I have an imac g3. I allowed it to do a software update. It needed to be restarted but I told it to shutdown. I was thinking about going ahead and upgrading the memory. I took the plastic cover off and looked at. I touched nothing. Realized I forgot to back things up first so I put the cover back on and now it won't start. I don't mean it fails to boot I mean it acts like it doesn't have power. I push the button and nothing. Nothing I did could have caused this and I doubt a software update could do it either. Any suggestions? I have 0 experience with macs but I don't find any other buttons anywhere.

More about : thing started

September 10, 2010 6:13:56 AM

The first thing that you should check in such circumstances is the battery. Have a look at this thread on the Apple forums. These forums would be a good source for other possible solutions.
September 10, 2010 6:51:29 AM

take the battery out and let it sit then insert battery and restart. if that doesnt work try holding the power button down for 30 seconds then turn it on good luck
September 11, 2010 7:14:56 PM

Ijack said:
The first thing that you should check in such circumstances is the battery. Have a look at this thread on the Apple forums. These forums would be a good source for other possible solutions.

Thanks the battery trick worked.
!