Saving Window Size

Unable to save window size for some programs.
For example, when open Solitaire game, always have
to resize to larger view. Holding down Shift Key on
exit doesn't save my setting and always opens in same
small XP window size. Any ideas or tweaks to get this
program and few others to always open in windows size
I want to view them as. OS is WinXP Pro SP2. Tx.
5 answers Last reply
More about saving window size

    Have you tried this:
    -Drag the window edges to the desired size
    -Close the window by clicking the X and holding down the CTRL button

    "Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workspa.com> wrote in message
    > Unable to save window size for some programs.
    > For example, when open Solitaire game, always have
    > to resize to larger view. Holding down Shift Key on
    > exit doesn't save my setting and always opens in same
    > small XP window size. Any ideas or tweaks to get this
    > program and few others to always open in windows size
    > I want to view them as. OS is WinXP Pro SP2. Tx.

    For anyone else you post this to: Never use the X. Proper info: Drag the
    window to wanted size using the double arrows, then use File/Close or Exit.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > Have you tried this:
    > -Drag the window edges to the desired size
    > -Close the window by clicking the X and holding down the CTRL button
    >
    > "Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workspa.com> wrote in message
    >> Unable to save window size for some programs.
    >> For example, when open Solitaire game, always have
    >> to resize to larger view. Holding down Shift Key on
    >> exit doesn't save my setting and always opens in same
    >> small XP window size. Any ideas or tweaks to get this
    >> program and few others to always open in windows size
    >> I want to view them as. OS is WinXP Pro SP2. Tx.

    Freecell doesn't save it windows size. Every program does things how it wants.

    "Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workspa.com> wrote in message news:HFS7e.6446$MZ2.920497@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > Unable to save window size for some programs.
    > For example, when open Solitaire game, always have
    > to resize to larger view. Holding down Shift Key on
    > exit doesn't save my setting and always opens in same
    > small XP window size. Any ideas or tweaks to get this
    > program and few others to always open in windows size
    > I want to view them as. OS is WinXP Pro SP2. Tx.

    Tx for all replies. Had tried holding down CTRL key using Exit (not the X)
    and doesn't work either. Will live with fact that some programs will always
    open the MS way as mentioned by David C.

    > For anyone else you post this to: Never use the X. Proper info: Drag
    > the window to wanted size using the double arrows, then use File/Close or
    > Exit.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >> Have you tried this:
    >> -Drag the window edges to the desired size
    >> -Close the window by clicking the X and holding down the CTRL button
    >>
    >> "Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workspa.com> wrote in message
    >>> Unable to save window size for some programs.
    >>> For example, when open Solitaire game, always have
    >>> to resize to larger view. Holding down Shift Key on
    >>> exit doesn't save my setting and always opens in same
    >>> small XP window size. Any ideas or tweaks to get this
    >>> program and few others to always open in windows size
    >>> I want to view them as. OS is WinXP Pro SP2. Tx.

    No. Drag the window out and use File/Close or exit. But yes, some programs
    are set.