Closed Solved

I don\'t seem to have HP solution centre on my new laptop with Windows 7 (64bit)

Hi
I have a new Elitebook 8460p and when installing my officejet 4580p it did not install HP solution centre as it did with my previous computer. Result I cannot scan any more with my all-in-one-printer.
I have been looking on the internet for the HP solution centre software for Windows 7 (64bit) but I don't seem to find it. I am always refered to the HP website but Windows 7 (64Bit) does not show me a download for solution centre.

Where can i find the necessary software to operate my printer as I did with XP?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Frustrated

Vincent Vd Bussche
Burkina Faso
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about solution centre laptop windows 64bit
  1. It is called the Full Feature Software on their website and you can get the Win 7 64 bit version HERE.
  2. Best answer
    Hi Vincent,

According to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center the HP OfficeJet 4580p is indeed compatible with both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. The HP Full Feature Software and Driver package for Windows 7 32-bit is available here and the HP Full Feature Software and Driver package for Windows 7 64-bit is available here.

Also, as Anonymous1 mentioned, Windows 7 does have a built in utility for both scanning and fax called Windows Fax and Scan and you can learn how to scan a document or photo with Windows Fax and Scan by clicking the embedded link.

Jessica
    Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro
  3. anonymous1 said:
    Hey Vincent, Windows 7 has built in scan and fax software.

Start / Windows Fax and Scan

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-fax-and-scan

thanks Anonimous1,
    The reason I am looking for soluton centre is that the scanninig program starts up automatically as soon as a document is introduiced in the scanner. this is much faster than having to call upwindow's scannin program.

thanks for your assitance. If I can'tfind what I'm looking for I'll revert to the default windows application.

Brs

Vincent
  4. RealBeast said:
    It is called the Full Feature Software on their website and you can get the Win 7 64 bit version HERE.

Thanks Realbeast.

Thaks for the info and the link.

Brs

Vincent
  5. winoutreach5 said:
    Hi Vincent,

According to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center the HP OfficeJet 4580p is indeed compatible with both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. The HP Full Feature Software and Driver package for Windows 7 32-bit is available here and the HP Full Feature Software and Driver package for Windows 7 64-bit is available here.

Also, as Anonymous1 mentioned, Windows 7 does have a built in utility for both scanning and fax called Windows Fax and Scan and you can learn how to scan a document or photo with Windows Fax and Scan by clicking the embedded link.

Jessica

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the HP software first.

Best regards

Vincent
  6. VincentvdBussche said:
    Thanks for your reply. I'll try the HP software first.

Best regards

Vincent

You're welcome! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Jessica
    Windows Outreach Team -- IT Pro
  7. Best answer selected by VincentvdBussche.
  8. winoutreach5 said:
    Hi Vincent,

Jessica

Hi Jessica and everybody who helped me solve my problem.
    I have been able to install the HP Full Feature Software and Driver package for Windows 7 64-bit and now I am full steam ahead again. Thanks for your assistance.
    Brs
    Vincent
  9. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Hewlett Packard