Few problems with AMD 6970

joshua1396

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Ok so basically i have tried so many forums for help but no one is answering my pleas! Im hoping i can get some help on here :)

Firstly, GFX drivers ARE up to date and i have almost tried everything under the sun up till now..

1. so I had some issues with starting GTA episodes from liberty city. The instal disc is fairly scratched but I.have reinstalled it many times with no problem during the install except that it won't start afterwoods. basically I start the game and it doesn't start. if you look from the task manager, the process shows up but then disappears with no warning. I've tried settings with my antivirus bitdefender to no avail. just want to get this problem sorted so it doesn't happen with other games.

2. Ok so long story short, i use 2 monitors on my pc with the primary monitor duplicated with my Samsung 46" LED TV running at 100hz. I'm guessing both monitors run at 50/60hz. The Primary and TV run off my 6970 in DVI and HDMI receptively. The second monitor runs off the built in Intel graphics card on my Intel i5 3570k.

The TV had some screen tearing but i managed to get rid of it with some fiddling with the tools in Catalyst Control Centre and it worked but unfortunately moved the tearing to the primary monitor. Its really starting to tick me off. Its not just games too it even if i move windows on the desktop.

I really need some pro help here as I've tried everything.

3. This should be a simple one but my main monitor is on left and secondary on the right. It hasn't been happening before but, when i move the displays around in the windows 7 prefs, it stays the same but when i reboot the pc, the screens are rearranged to the default position?? Its really annoying and weird.

Thanks for any help!

joshua1396

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Both Monitors run at 60hz. The TV is rated at 100hz but im not sure how to make sure both are running at 60hz i mean there is not even a 100hz option.

What about GTA IV? I really want to play it but i can't. Should be a simple fix but not sure how to fix it.