Stones Scissors Paper.

We all remember this game as children, but in terms of WOW what classes
are better against others?

I know there are loads of threads asking whats the best class to use
above all others.

However I would like to know what is better class vs class in the terms
of "Stones Scissors Paper".

What I mean is that I personally don`t think any classes are really
better than all other classes.
Just some classes do well against others and poorly against another
class. Like the "Stones Scissors Paper" game.

For example in a one on one duel what classes will a Mage nearly always
beat and what
classes will a Mage nearly always loose to? etc etc.

Everyone seems to be moaning that another class is overpowered
(Normally not the class they are playing).
But have they ever stopped to consider they nearly always wipe another
class more easily than others?

I am on a PVE server and so don`t have to worry about this too often. I
am thinking of going PVP so would like some
input, so that whichever class I pick, I know to run very fast when I
see an enemy player using my classes nemesis class.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Chizel wrote:
> We all remember this game as children, but in terms of WOW what classes
> are better against others?
>
> I know there are loads of threads asking whats the best class to use
> above all others.
>
> However I would like to know what is better class vs class in the terms
> of "Stones Scissors Paper".

Two things are certain:

1) WoW is not based on a Rock-Paper-Scissors construct. It's not
designed to be circular, and dosn't really exhibit those
characteristics in practice either.

2) Class is only part of the equation. For some classes equipment is
King, and there's just no getting around only being as good as your
gear.

Plus Engineering makes a huge difference in PvP. Using Hyper-Radiant
Flame Reflector against a Mage after you've already Discombobulated
them and your Battle Chicken is pounding on them is as close to an "I
Win" button as you can get.

>> http://www.gankcentral.com/Cla­ssCompare.aspx
>
> statistics that say hunters aren't good for pvp.

....which is true. In duels, hunters are easily beat by most classes.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (34) on Stormrage [PvE]

> 2) Class is only part of the equation. For some classes equipment
> is King, and there's just no getting around only being as good as
> your gear.

Not entirely true. Player skill aside, the talent build also play a
huge role.

It'll be a cold day in Searing Gorge before a frost mage beats me in a
duel against my druid.

Regards,
Noal

--

"Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
> We all remember this game as children, but in terms of WOW what
> classes are better against others?
>
> I know there are loads of threads asking whats the best class to use
> above all others.
>
> However I would like to know what is better class vs class in the
> terms of "Stones Scissors Paper".
>
> What I mean is that I personally don`t think any classes are really
> better than all other classes.
> Just some classes do well against others and poorly against another
> class. Like the "Stones Scissors Paper" game.
>
> For example in a one on one duel what classes will a Mage nearly
> always beat and what
> classes will a Mage nearly always loose to? etc etc.
>
> Everyone seems to be moaning that another class is overpowered
> (Normally not the class they are playing).
> But have they ever stopped to consider they nearly always wipe another
> class more easily than others?
>
> I am on a PVE server and so don`t have to worry about this too often.
> I am thinking of going PVP so would like some
> input, so that whichever class I pick, I know to run very fast when I
> see an enemy player using my classes nemesis class.
>
> Any thoughts much appreciated.

This might help some:

http://www.gankcentral.com/ClassCompare.aspx

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk/blog/

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:36:40 +0100, "moif"
<moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:

>> Any thoughts much appreciated.
>
>This might help some:
>
>http://www.gankcentral.com/ClassCompare.aspx
>
>--?
>Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>

Wow - excellent link - thanks for sharing

> This might help some:
>
> http://www.gankcentral.com/ClassCompare.aspx
>
> --
> Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
> http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
> http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk/blog/

I'm glad this site exists. It keeps us warriors with Reapers and 30% crit
chance from getting nerfed all to hell. I could rarely beat anyone while
leveling my warrior. Now that I've spent thousands of gold and hundreds of
hours collecting gear my warrior is finally the killing machine i was sold
on...

"Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
class more easily than others?

> I am on a PVE server and so don`t have to worry about this too often. I
> am thinking of going PVP so would like some
> input, so that whichever class I pick, I know to run very fast when I
> see an enemy player using my classes nemesis class.
>
> Any thoughts much appreciated.

Play Guild Wars.