Nokia 6230 - PC

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 1, 2004 1:49:12 PM

A number of questions

1. When using nokia PC suite (audio manager)is it possible to download
Mp3s direct to the mmc? I have tried this but doesn't move the file. I
can download them onto the phone then move them into the MMC manually
however if the file is larger than the available memory (about 6 meg) I
can't put the file into the phone. Ideas?

2. What program cam change Mp3's to the aac format? I have heaps of
MP3s to change to the lower meg format. What is the other name for aac?

3. How do you move videos from the phone to the computer using a DKU-2
cable? I can do it on the laptop at work as it has IR but alas, the
home PC doesn't have IR?

Thanks all :-)

More about : nokia 6230

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 7:18:59 PM

You can simply use the Windows Explorer to move any type of files between
the PC and the phone's internal memory or the MMC. With the Nokia PC Suite
installed, you should have the Nokia Phone Browser appear under My Computer,
so just drag the files between the hard drive and any folder, including the
MMC, on the phone. This should work the same way with the IR, BT, or cable
connection.

I don't know any MP3-AAC converters. Sometimes, AAC is referred to as MP4,
but I don't really know how valid this reference is. If you don't want to
spend a lot of time and sacrifice audio quality converting your existing
files, I would recommend you buy a huge MMC instead.

--

\/ L /\ D

"syd" <sunnysyd02@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
news:D eWOc.21541$%r.239868@nasal.pacific.net.au...
A number of questions

1. When using nokia PC suite (audio manager)is it possible to download
Mp3s direct to the mmc? I have tried this but doesn't move the file. I
can download them onto the phone then move them into the MMC manually
however if the file is larger than the available memory (about 6 meg) I
can't put the file into the phone. Ideas?

2. What program cam change Mp3's to the aac format? I have heaps of
MP3s to change to the lower meg format. What is the other name for aac?

3. How do you move videos from the phone to the computer using a DKU-2
cable? I can do it on the laptop at work as it has IR but alas, the
home PC doesn't have IR?

Thanks all :-)
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 2:16:46 PM

"Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
> You can simply use the Windows Explorer to move any type of files between
> the PC and the phone's internal memory or the MMC. With the Nokia PC
> Suite
> installed, you should have the Nokia Phone Browser appear under My
> Computer,
> so just drag the files between the hard drive and any folder, including
> the
> MMC, on the phone. This should work the same way with the IR, BT, or
> cable
> connection.

I've never been able to get (any version of) PC Suite's Phone Browser to
work this way on any computer I've worked with. Tried both BT and IR
connections.

> I don't know any MP3-AAC converters. Sometimes, AAC is referred to as
> MP4,
> but I don't really know how valid this reference is. If you don't want to
> spend a lot of time and sacrifice audio quality converting your existing
> files, I would recommend you buy a huge MMC instead.

Also the Apple AAC implementation is proprietary so if you're iPod/iTunes
dependent then you may not find third-party support.
August 2, 2004 2:16:47 PM

I've only tried the PC Suite version 6.2 with the 6230, and the Phone
Browser component works flawlessly on both my desktop and my laptop. Both
are running Windows XP SP1, and I use IR on both of them, but I'm sure the
connection method doesn't matter.

--

\/ L /\ D

"Mike Williams" <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote in message

"Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message

I've never been able to get (any version of) PC Suite's Phone Browser to
work this way on any computer I've worked with. Tried both BT and IR
connections.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 7:49:22 PM

Yes I have that combination and Phone browser hangs all the time. It was the
same when I had an earlier version of PC Suite and a 6610.

I'm also experiencing this with the latest build of XP SP2.

> I've only tried the PC Suite version 6.2 with the 6230, and the Phone
> Browser component works flawlessly on both my desktop and my laptop. Both
> are running Windows XP SP1, and I use IR on both of them, but I'm sure the
> connection method doesn't matter.
>
> --
>
> \/ L /\ D
>

> "Mike Williams" <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote in message
>
> "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
>
> I've never been able to get (any version of) PC Suite's Phone Browser to
> work this way on any computer I've worked with. Tried both BT and IR
> connections.

August 2, 2004 10:36:18 PM

Well I tried this. The first time it didn't work then strangely worked
the second time. How bizarre! Thanks!

Also I found a program called dbpoweramp converter. You need to download
codecs as well but it worked great.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Thanks for your help, much appreiated!

Mike Williams wrote:
> "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
>
>>You can simply use the Windows Explorer to move any type of files between
>>the PC and the phone's internal memory or the MMC. With the Nokia PC
>>Suite
>>installed, you should have the Nokia Phone Browser appear under My
>>Computer,
>>so just drag the files between the hard drive and any folder, including
>>the
>>MMC, on the phone. This should work the same way with the IR, BT, or
>>cable
>>connection.
>>

> I've never been able to get (any version of) PC Suite's Phone Browser to
> work this way on any computer I've worked with. Tried both BT and IR
> connections.
>

>>I don't know any MP3-AAC converters. Sometimes, AAC is referred to as
>>MP4,
>>but I don't really know how valid this reference is. If you don't want to
>>spend a lot of time and sacrifice audio quality converting your existing
>>files, I would recommend you buy a huge MMC instead.
>

> Also the Apple AAC implementation is proprietary so if you're iPod/iTunes
> dependent then you may not find third-party support.

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:58:27 PM

"Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
> I've only tried the PC Suite version 6.2 with the 6230, and the Phone
> Browser component works flawlessly on both my desktop and my laptop. Both
> are running Windows XP SP1, and I use IR on both of them, but I'm sure the
> connection method doesn't matter.
>
> I've never been able to get (any version of) PC Suite's Phone Browser to
> work this way on any computer I've worked with. Tried both BT and IR
> connections.

This sort of problem with PC Suite is VERY common, which was the main reason
I originally wrote MobiMB.

Mike
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 11:19:25 AM

syd <sunnysyd02@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message news:<deWOc.21541$%r.239868@nasal.pacific.net.au>...

> 2. What program cam change Mp3's to the aac format? I have heaps of
> MP3s to change to the lower meg format. What is the other name for aac?

Generally, there are no official MP3 to AAC format converters. However
there are some freeware converters. Just, type 'MP3 to AAC converter'
in any search engine and explore results. The other name of AAC is
'MP4' or 'M4A'.

> 3. How do you move videos from the phone to the computer using a DKU-2
> cable? I can do it on the laptop at work as it has IR but alas, the
> home PC doesn't have IR?

We plan to support DKU-2 connection in future versions of Oxygen Phone
Manager II. Current version of Oxygen Phone Manager II enables to
manage Nokia 7600 and 6230 by Bluetooth and Infrared, but we are
working on DKU-2 connection, indeed.

You can always download the latest trial on our official website
http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 1:38:05 PM

"Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote in message

> This sort of problem with PC Suite is VERY common, which was the main
> reason I originally wrote MobiMB.

Pity it doen't handle the PIM-synching too. I can handle the other (rarer)
transmissions using Windows XP natively.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 4:34:24 PM

Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1.0 (Build 3) can convert to MP4 if that is the same
thing...
Worth buying, you get free upgrades which are regularly - I use it for
making my own CDs...
http://www.poikosoft.com/

!