how to automate desktop folder creation?

Searching for a method of automating one of the most
basic windows actions; creating new folders.
There is an XP option to "show common tasks in folders".
One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub] folder".
Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on the
desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
solution would, with a single click, create a new empty
folder on the desktop, ready to be named.

Right Click - New - Folder

"Douglas Baumwall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09c601c54204$949df750$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Searching for a method of automating one of the most
> basic windows actions; creating new folders.
> There is an XP option to "show common tasks in folders".
> One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub] folder".
> Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on the
> desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
> solution would, with a single click, create a new empty
> folder on the desktop, ready to be named.

kelly

Thank you! Unless I have missed something for the past 6 years.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Right Click - New - Folder

"Douglas Baumwall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Searching for a method of automating one of the most
> basic windows actions; creating new folders.
> There is an XP option to "show common tasks in folders".
> One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub] folder".
> Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on the
> desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
> solution would, with a single click, create a new empty
> folder on the desktop, ready to be named.

Kelly,

I'm currently using one of your scripts for this purpose.
I'm trying to improve on your solution by avoiding use of
explorer, so that you just click [preferably on a quick
launch toolbar icon] and get a new folder, ready to be
renamed.

-

wrote in message
>> Searching for a method of automating one of the most
>> basic windows actions; creating new folders.
>> There is an XP option to "show common tasks in
folders".
>> One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub]
folder".
>> Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on
the
>> desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
>> solution would, with a single click, create a new empty
>> folder on the desktop, ready to be named.
>

>.

MS are trying to avoid UI bloat.

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OxpjrAmQFHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thank you! Unless I have missed something for the past 6 years.
>
> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> Right Click - New - Folder

> "Douglas Baumwall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Searching for a method of automating one of the most
>> basic windows actions; creating new folders.
>> There is an XP option to "show common tasks in folders".
>> One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub] folder".
>> Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on the
>> desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
>> solution would, with a single click, create a new empty
>> folder on the desktop, ready to be named.

I am aware of the standard method for creating a new
folder. Searching for a one click automation for creating
a few folder on the desktop, ready to be renamed, without
using explorer, etc.

-

>"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Thank you! Unless I have missed something for the
past 6 years.

>> --
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol:
http://www.dts-l.org/

>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> Right Click - New - Folder
>>
>> --
---

>> "Douglas Baumwall"
>>> Searching for a method of automating one of the most
>>> basic windows actions; creating new folders.
>>> There is an XP option to "show common tasks in
folders".
>>> One of the common tasks is to "make a new [sub]
folder".
>>> Searching for an elegant way to create new folders on
the
>>> desktop without using an explorer window. Ideally, the
>>> solution would, with a single click, create a new
empty
>>> folder on the desktop, ready to be named.
>>

>.

kelly

Hi,

Which one? Line 138: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

> Kelly,
>
> I'm currently using one of your scripts for this purpose.
> I'm trying to improve on your solution by avoiding use of
> explorer, so that you just click [preferably on a quick
> launch toolbar icon] and get a new folder, ready to be
> renamed.

Write your own

A batch file, repeat the lines as many times as you want

If not exist "%userprofile%\desktop\New Folder (1)" (MD "%userprofile%\desktop\New Folder (1)" & goto :EOF)
If not exist "%userprofile%\desktop\New Folder (2)" (MD "%userprofile%\desktop\New Folder (2)" & goto :EOF)