Sign in with
Your question

New 670 Flashing on & off at windows login Need Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2012 3:37:47 AM

New Asus GTX 670 directcu II Top. Installed latest 301.42 drivers also tried to roll back one version and the screen just flashes on and off when it reaches the windows login screen. If a plug in my TV via HDMI it recognizes it and the flashing stops on my main Samsung monitor. If I unplug the tv or even disable the tv in nvidia options the flashing starts again.

I have tried the uninstall and custom install without 3d or sound drivers to no avail. Very frustrating as I like to watch tv while I game but if I turn off the TV the flashing starts.

I have the 2b bios.

I don't get it unless I have a bad card or these drivers are just not ready yet. Anyone having this issue or have solved it. Pulling my hair out instead of gaming atm.
June 2, 2012 4:02:36 AM

Ok still flashing but much slower, sigh
a b Î Nvidia
June 2, 2012 6:05:43 AM

It's either bad card, bad power supply or driver issues.

First of all, what power supply do you have? Did you plug two 6-pin power connectors to the graphics card directly from your power supply?

Secondly, to resolve any driver problems fastest way is to reinstall windows. Moreover, if it flashes during windows setup (you don't necessarily need to start installation), it means it's not driver problem.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
June 2, 2012 6:23:16 AM

also check your mb. if it one with the lucent chips that let you run the intel cpu video and nvida or ati card. check to see that the lucent chipset/intel ipeg video is off and your main video card is set as first video device. you may be have a conflict between the onboard intel gpu.
June 2, 2012 12:17:50 PM

This card was the first part of my new system that I received so I poped it in my old system just to try it out knowing Iwould not see its full potential but hey would be better than my 5780. I have a 1000 TT psu 4gb ram an e8400 on that pc. Everything runs fine until I swap video cards. Also no problems with flashing until nvidia drivers are loaded. I am going to get the rest of the build today and put it in the new pc and see what happens.
a b Î Nvidia
June 2, 2012 12:19:06 PM

Did you uninstall AMD drivers? They are known to cause nvidia cards a pain when they are installed with nvidia drivers at the same time.
June 2, 2012 1:08:31 PM

Sunius said:
Did you uninstall AMD drivers? They are known to cause nvidia cards a pain when they are installed with nvidia drivers at the same time.

Yes, I uninstalled them before putting in the new card.
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
June 2, 2012 1:14:36 PM

parable said:
This card was the first part of my new system that I received so I poped it in my old system just to try it out knowing Iwould not see its full potential but hey would be better than my 5780. I have a 1000 TT psu 4gb ram an e8400 on that pc. Everything runs fine until I swap video cards. Also no problems with flashing until nvidia drivers are loaded. I am going to get the rest of the build today and put it in the new pc and see what happens.

i hope you have the time after getting this resolved, if you do, to run a few benchmarks to compare to the cpus . . .i think that would be highly interesting to a few folks around.
June 4, 2012 12:28:19 PM

Built my machine and all is running well now no issues.
!