Solved

Any power supply with at least 4 x 8-pin PCI-E?

Although I prefer to stay between 850w-1000w.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply
  1. asalikus said:
    Although I prefer to stay between 850w-1000w.

    Corsair TX850 at $135:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022
  2. GTX 685
    http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-685

    What power supply do I need? I will SLI it after few years I buy it.

    Quote:
    What is your budget???

    and mainly psu's with 4 pcie connectors Mainly 850w to 1200w psu.

    you can get two cards working by connecting first case to 12v rails and for second card you can use MOLEX TO PCIE ADAPTERS. these adapters are on newegg for 5$.But it depends on you psu and graphics card that how many power they need. if you give the name of cards you want to use in sli or crossfirex than i can suggest a psu for you.
  3. asalikus said:
    GTX 685
    http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-685

    What power supply do I need? I will SLI it after few years I buy it.

    The Corsair TX850 I linked earlier will support SLI for the gtx685. Here it is again:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022
  4. Now, I know that's a good quality power supply but is there even a better one out there that will support these cards because you know they are freaking expensive! How did you see that they can support it?

    randomkid said:
    The Corsair TX850 I linked earlier will support SLI for the gtx685. Here it is again:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022
  5. asalikus said:
    Now, I know that's a good quality power supply but is there even a better one out there that will support these cards because you know they are freaking expensive! How did you see that they can support it?

    From the link you gave, the minimum Power supply requirement for a single 685 is 600W with 2x8PIN. That is for the system. The maximum power draw of the 685 itself is 250. So 600W + 250W is 850. But it reality the draw will be less than this because this is Maximum. Under normal operating condition, this peak will not be consistently achieved.
  6. So, you are telling me that there is no power supply that has this specification?

    randomkid said:
    From the link you gave, the minimum Power supply requirement for a single 685 is 600W with 2x8PIN. That is for the system. The maximum power draw of the 685 itself is 250. So 600W + 250W is 850. But it reality the draw will be less than this because this is Maximum. Under normal operating condition, this peak will not be consistently achieved.
    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8302/685.png
  7. Hate to bust your bubble. But no one can confirm that , the GTX 685 is a real card
  8. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/355814-15-what-power-supply-2xasus

    Why do you make multiple threads on the same subject?
  9. asalikus said:
    So, you are telling me that there is no power supply that has this specification?

    I already gave you the corsair TX850 that meets your specification (850W, 4x8PCIe connector) & how it supports the 685 in SLI calculating for the information page you linked. If you mean to ask whether there are cheaper 850W because the corsair is freaking expensive, surely there are but I am not keen on recommending them. If you can ultimately afford 2x685 then surely you must be willing to spend $135 for a great PSU.
  10. I was actually talking about the video cards :D and wanted a better quality power supply but I guess that will work just fine right?

    randomkid said:
    I already gave you the corsair TX850 that meets your specification (850W, 4x8PCIe connector) & how it supports the 685 in SLI calculating for the information page you linked. If you mean to ask whether there are cheaper 850W because the corsair is freaking expensive, surely there are but I am not keen on recommending them. If you can ultimately afford 2x685 then surely you must be willing to spend $135 for a great PSU.
  11. Best answer
    asalikus said:
    I was actually talking about the video cards :D and wanted a better quality power supply but I guess that will work just fine right?

    Oh, if you mean better power supply to support the freakingly expensive imaginary card, then you can always get the Corsair HX850 version. It is more efficient, have higher overload capacity & modular. Its $175.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011
    Or the Corsair AX 850 at $200.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015
    Going beyond 850W is not necessary.
  12. Thank you for your time!
    randomkid said:
    Oh, if you mean better power supply to support the freakingly expensive imaginary card, then you can always get the Corsair HX850 version. It is more efficient, have higher overload capacity & modular. Its $175.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011
    Or the Corsair AX 850 at $200.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015
    Going beyond 850W is not necessary.
  13. Best answer selected by asalikus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies PCI Express Graphics Product