Sign in with
Your question

All Graphics on core i5 Dead ..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2012 4:06:16 AM

well the thing is a day ago or two i update my bios and loaded optimal changes from bios .... and after that my xfx ati radeon graphics card stopped working .. the fan spins but no output ! well i thought my card's dead .. but then i removed the card and tried working my computer on my motherboard intel integrrated hd graphics ( i have dh55tc motherboad) ... but it my computer fails to detect them too .. all i gtet is a standard vga adapter ... And i am only getting two resolutions to choose .... 800x600 and 1024x768 ... my resolution of monitor is 1400x900 ...

Then i thought it might be a driver problem ... so i downloaded
Graphics: IntelĀ® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7

but when i tried to install it i get an error saying my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install the software .. it is completely wierd !!

My Comp Specs ...

Intel i5 650 core preocessor

Graphics Card : XFX ATI Radeon HD 5750

Motherboard : DH55tcintel i5

Here are sevral pictures .... i hope it will make the situation much clearer ..

1. Device manager : http://tinypic.com/r/1oas1k/6

2. Advanced settings (personalisation -> change resolution -> advanced settings [Windows 7]) : http://tinypic.com/r/2j3mp1f/6

3. Dx Diag display tab : http://tinypic.com/r/2e497bd/6

I have tried reseting the bios by recovery bios and removing the vattery ... nothing works..

More about : graphics core dead

a c 99 U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 4:47:20 AM

Go back into your bios and restore default settings instead of loading optimal changes. See if that made a difference. It may have increased a voltage or tweaked one of the specs of your hardware.
m
l
a c 200 U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:02:06 AM

check in the bios that the video card (pci-e) is the first video device.
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
June 3, 2012 2:11:43 AM

Another thing you can try is disable your onboard GPU shut down then put your card back in and boot up. After trying what everybody is suggesting and nothing works try system restore to a time before you flased the bios. Good luck to you.
m
l
June 7, 2012 6:59:37 AM

How do i shutdown Onboard graphics ?

i tried restoring defaults in bios ... doesn't work ... i also tried to reinstall windows to check if it works .... so no restore points too :( 

----> choosing pci ex as first option ... not working ...

I even tried trobleshooting my pc from device and printer settings in control panel ... it tries to install the pci serial port drivers .... but fails
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 3:40:25 AM

shashwat95 said:
How do i shutdown Onboard graphics ?

i tried restoring defaults in bios ... doesn't work ... i also tried to reinstall windows to check if it works .... so no restore points too :( 

----> choosing pci ex as first option ... not working ...

I even tried trobleshooting my pc from device and printer settings in control panel ... it tries to install the pci serial port drivers .... but fails

In your device manager under display adapters right click on standard display graphic adapters look for disable and click on it then shut down put your GPU in and hook everything back up and then boot.

You might want to do all this in safe mode. When you boot up keep hitting the F8 key untill it gives you a choice what you want to do.

If that doesn't work let your system boot all the way and then push and hold the off button untill it shuts down. Then reboot and you will have the option to go into safe mode.

Then let us know what has happened and if my way doesn't work try some of the other peoples way. Good luck to you.
m
l
!