Sign in with
Your question

LED tv and video cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2012 5:06:01 AM

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had success utilizing an LED HDTV (not monitor) with a graphics card, using HDMI, and getting good results (meaning excellent resolution, sharp font and good framerate/refresh rate when gaming) . I recently purchased an ARIO 22" LED HDTV (FE2270) and hooked it up to my XFX Radeon HD 5770 through HDMI and its not what I thought it would be.

I don't necessarily want to return the TV, but rather utilize it by upgrading my video card. Or if it is futile to achieve good results, perhaps I should exchange the TV for a monitor with HDMI input.

Is there a graphics card that works well with LED HDTV's (I want to display 1080p) utilizing HDMI? or conversely a monitor that offers 1080p resolution through HDMI?

Side note: My computer is AMD quad core, win7x64, 8gb ram. Also i'm not looking for top of the line but mid-range quality. Thank you

More about : led video cards

a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:11:35 AM

How much you willing to spend?
June 2, 2012 5:16:16 AM

if you are just going to use it for your computer then you would be better off just returning it and Getting an LED monitor. also almost every modern graphics card comes with a HDMI port now
Related resources
a c 76 U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:21:49 AM

Your graphics card is perfectly capable of doing 1080p. just not in some games. Does the picture just look bad or do you not get performance in games?

There are no graphics cards that will actually look any different then yours at the desktop or that are "good" for led TVs. If it looks bad you might have the resolution or setting wrong. TVs generally make bad monitors but that one is supposedly 1080p. if its a fps issue you need a better card.

There are plenty of good 20-23 inch 1080p monitors that use DVI or HDMI and are under 150.
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:23:19 AM

the tv's are fine for watching movies etc but the desktop etc never looks as crisp as a monitor
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:32:07 AM

is your TV actually a 1080p res?
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 5:34:25 AM

v1p3r007 said:
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had success utilizing an LED HDTV (not monitor) with a graphics card, using HDMI, and getting good results (meaning excellent resolution, sharp font and good framerate/refresh rate when gaming) . I recently purchased an ARIO 22" LED HDTV (FE2270) and hooked it up to my XFX Radeon HD 5770 through HDMI and its not what I thought it would be.

I don't necessarily want to return the TV, but rather utilize it by upgrading my video card. Or if it is futile to achieve good results, perhaps I should exchange the TV for a monitor with HDMI input.

Is there a graphics card that works well with LED HDTV's (I want to display 1080p) utilizing HDMI? or conversely a monitor that offers 1080p resolution through HDMI?

Side note: My computer is AMD quad core, win7x64, 8gb ram. Also i'm not looking for top of the line but mid-range quality. Thank you

If your problem is that the LED TV display looks too crisp such that individual pixels appear to ragged, try adjusting the "sharpness". This does the trick for me.
June 2, 2012 7:51:05 AM

Ive got a Sony Bravia CX520 32inch Full HD tv which i use as a PC screen the picture quality is fantastic. The X Reality engine really makes a difference by detecting what your doing, watching a movie, in a game or just using windows and adjusts the picture accordingly. only downside is that its a LCD (screen glares abit) and the picture is a little dark even with higher brightness settings. But besides that its fantastic
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 9:14:42 AM

Quote:
when it idle it usualy be mid 30s. i ran the prime test like u ask too the temp when to 80s.
ill try to seat the cpu fan again. i remember it suppose to make a click sound for each pins but 2 of them doesnt but at the back its through the hole of the motherboard tho. should i be hearing a click?

http://tutorialhow2.com/

Wrong thread.... :D 
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2012 10:35:56 AM

v1p3r007 said:

I have HDTV 70, 65, 52 connected to PC. Play games on it and use it for design work. Font and Graphics are awesome. The main thing to do specially set it to "PC_MODE". Some brands term/name it slightly different.

New HDTV re-process the video input to meet its publish high-frame rate specs(i.e. 240 hz). It interpolates the default video rate of the video input and generates (re-processed) additional frames to make the video looks better. Well it does not work for PC since the video card controls the frame rate and frame content. You see bad fonts, videos, and graphics. That feature is/must be disabled for PC to work.

Its not video card its settings on HDTV. I don't play games on small screens any more. Unless you see and deal with it you won't know.

Check your HDTV manual and look for the PC_MODE on digital input(HDMI)
June 2, 2012 11:46:04 AM

I was not looking to spend alot, no more than $150. I'm not sure if the TV is capable of handling 1080p either, like i said its only 22" and its a pretty cheap thing. When i switch my video card mode to 1080p i get the bigger screen area and smaller icons (on the desktop) but the text is blurry when i try to read mail or search the web.

Thank you all for your responses, I think ill just return the tv and try getting an LED monitor with HDMI input. can anyone recommend a quality monitor with HDMI input 1080p 23" max that are around $150 or less?
June 21, 2012 6:31:30 PM

i have the same monitor its that the hdmi is not meant for pc use a vga cable to connect it to the monitor then it looks amazing at full 1920 by 1080 use a dvi to vga cable for best performance thanks
!