baylinerman

Honorable
May 15, 2012
well i have a question as im still learning i love electronics its my biggest interest and im a maintnance man but anyways i recently ordered a Rosewell 500watt power supply as we had a storm and i knew right when i got home there was no power to my Gateway so i ordered a Rosewell 500Watt power supply i know got it running however i suspect maybe something bigger is wrong i was reading that when you hit the power button you should atleast hear a beep i hear my hard drive but i hear nothing else im thinking mother board am i right ? cuss i hooked up the new power supplies to my 9800PNY GT Graphics card hit the power button and it i had power restored but no picture Can anyone with better knowledge help me out i have learned the hard ways of installing ram installing power supplies and the brain and learned my path but i am puzzled on no picture its not my monitor cuss my other pc has picture anyways anyone think my motherboard could it be screwed

Please, use punctuation. It's pretty impossible to read what you're trying to say.

First of all, there are two main power connectors without which no computer will work.

First one is 20/24 pin motherboard power connector:
24-pin-power1.jpg

Secondly, there's 4/8 pin CPU power connector (depending on your motherboard, it may be either 4 pin or 8 pin version):

4-pin:
qpsr6.jpg

8-pin:
8-pin-power-Connector.jpg

If those two are connected, your computer should at least do something when you push the power button.

Thirdly, there are power connectors for the graphics card:
pcie6.jpeg

It goes here:
gts_power.jpg

After those, there are two more power connectors: one goes into your hard drive and another one into your CD/DVD drive.
They look like this:
satapowercable.jpg

If you connected all of that, it should work.

baylinerman

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hey thanks so much but i crushed my hand at work and i just type as fast as i can with 1 hand it kinda sux so i saw the diagram and yes i do get power however there is still no picture i will try and upload pictures there was no 6 pin pci e power plug on the motherboard but i do have the 8pin

baylinerman

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Yes but i already tried the onboard display it also wait a minute it actually has 2 connections for onboard built in graphics 1 VGA and 1 HDMi do you think my motherboard fries i really think its the motherboard

baylinerman

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Sorry i knotticed i messed up my sentence i actually just got 30 stiches removed today i really wonder if that motherboard is any good how can you tell a good motherboard and a bad 1?