Sign in with
Your question

Different BSOD's on startup

Last response: in CPUs
December 6, 2012 5:12:09 PM

Okay, to start of i'm sorry if this is not in the right section of the forums, i wasn't sure which was.

I've been having BSOD's for quite some time now, they seemed to stop but have reappeared whenever i try startup my computer just before the login section of Windows 7. They are mostly caused by the ntoskrnl.exe with the odd occurance of Ntfs.sys and today i even got one that is said to be caused by rdyboost.sys. The errors i receive are "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" "CRITICAL_OBJECTS_TERMINATION and "NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

I've looked around for solutions but couldn't find any that helped. I got my information from using Whocrashed and bluescreen view but if anyone needs more information you may have to tell me how :/ 

More about : bsod startup

a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 5:37:26 PM

Suspected bad RAM. All three BSOD messages are somewhat typical of a bad RAM stick. Run memtest86+ for a little bit and see if you get any failures.
December 6, 2012 5:42:13 PM

gamerk316 said:
Suspected bad RAM. All three BSOD messages are somewhat typical of a bad RAM stick. Run memtest86+ for a little bit and see if you get any failures.

I'm starting to think my problems are caused by bad Ram, i have other problems with my computer and all of them point to that. The only problems is i've done 6 passes on memtest and it came out without any problems. I think i might buy another stick and test it. Thanks
Related resources
December 6, 2012 5:42:39 PM

Any other replies would be welcome just in case it's not my ram
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 5:48:42 PM

I would try to run a repair on windows before replacing hardware.
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 5:51:16 PM

Type 'sfc /scannow' in command prompt.
December 6, 2012 5:55:59 PM

flexxar said:
I would try to run a repair on windows before replacing hardware.

I've tried the windows repair, it even sometimes opens automatically on startup but doesn't find any errors or can't fix them
December 6, 2012 5:56:53 PM

Soda-88 said:
Type 'sfc /scannow' in command prompt.

Doing it now, i've ran this scan and many others before with no errors but will try again just in case
December 6, 2012 6:07:19 PM

Nope, no errors with sfc /scannow
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2012 6:10:52 PM

Try 1 stick of ram at a time. Slim chance they all died at the same time.
December 6, 2012 6:40:37 PM

flexxar said:
Try 1 stick of ram at a time. Slim chance they all died at the same time.

I only have 1 4gb one :S
!