the orange flashy

April 16, 2005 7:04:02 PM

when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it flashes
orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that orange
to a custom color?

More about : orange flashy

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 1:41:54 PM

You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
independently.
Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button on
the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
make it any color you wish.
Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same color
as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
situations.

"RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
flashes
> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
orange
> to a custom color?
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:34:04 PM

RJB <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it flashes
>orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that orange
>to a custom color?

No, as long as you do not want to write your own Desktop theme.

--
(tm)
Related resources

Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
> You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
> Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
> independently.
> Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
> If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button
> on
> the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
> make it any color you wish.
> Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
> color
> as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
> situations.
>
> "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
> flashes
>> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
> orange
>> to a custom color?

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:57:17 PM

I definitely tried this yesterday. I assumed it was "selected items," and
changed that element from the bright-lime I use for several elements to
olive green, and it worked like a charm.

I would send a screen shot, but here is the problem:
Mostly, I do not have functionality in the flashing taskbar button feature.
Yesterday, annoyingly, it worked. Today, all I could get was one brief
flash. Yet, having changed "selected items" to hot pink for your screen
shot, the brief flash was, indeed, hot pink. Wish I could send a screen
shot, but I don't miss the "flashies" at all! Of course, tomorrow they will
probably come back...

news:o loQWD#QFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.
>
> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
> > You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
> > Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window
elements
> > independently.
> > Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
> > If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced
button
> > on
> > the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items"
and
> > make it any color you wish.
> > Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
> > color
> > as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
> > situations.
> >
> > "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
> > flashes
> >> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
> > orange
> >> to a custom color?

April 18, 2005 5:14:02 PM

Waters is right, you can change it in Classic view, I just wish I could
figure out how to get rid of that damn orange in XP view.

"Kelly" wrote:

> Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.
>
> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
> > You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
> > Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
> > independently.
> > Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
> > If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button
> > on
> > the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
> > make it any color you wish.
> > Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
> > color
> > as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
> > situations.
> >
> > "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
> > flashes
> >> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
> > orange
> >> to a custom color?

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 5:26:14 PM

if you use stylexp or the free uxtheme patcher there are numerous styles
available on web sites that have various colors.

see here for the patcher along with visual styles:
"Visual Style Pack and UXTheme Multi - Patcher for XP, SP1, SP2 , windows
2003.
"
http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

Kenny