the orange flashy

when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it flashes
orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that orange
to a custom color?
6 answers Last reply
More about orange flashy

    You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
    Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
    independently.
    Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
    If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button on
    the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
    make it any color you wish.
    Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same color
    as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
    situations.

    "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
    flashes
    > orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
    orange
    > to a custom color?

    RJB <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it flashes
    >orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that orange
    >to a custom color?

    No, as long as you do not want to write your own Desktop theme.

    --
    (tm)

    Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
    > Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
    > independently.
    > Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
    > If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button
    > on
    > the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
    > make it any color you wish.
    > Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
    > color
    > as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
    > situations.
    >
    > "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
    > flashes
    >> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
    > orange
    >> to a custom color?

    I definitely tried this yesterday. I assumed it was "selected items," and
    changed that element from the bright-lime I use for several elements to
    olive green, and it worked like a charm.

    I would send a screen shot, but here is the problem:
    Mostly, I do not have functionality in the flashing taskbar button feature.
    Yesterday, annoyingly, it worked. Today, all I could get was one brief
    flash. Yet, having changed "selected items" to hot pink for your screen
    shot, the brief flash was, indeed, hot pink. Wish I could send a screen
    shot, but I don't miss the "flashies" at all! Of course, tomorrow they will
    probably come back...

    > Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > > You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
    > > Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window
    elements
    > > independently.
    > > Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
    > > If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced
    button
    > > on
    > > the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items"
    and
    > > make it any color you wish.
    > > Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
    > > color
    > > as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
    > > situations.
    > >
    > > "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
    > > flashes
    > >> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
    > > orange
    > >> to a custom color?

    Waters is right, you can change it in Classic view, I just wish I could
    figure out how to get rid of that damn orange in XP view.

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Have you actually tried this? If so, please send a screen shot.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > > You would need to be using "Windows Classic Style" instead of XP Style.
    > > Then, you would be able to change the color of the various window elements
    > > independently.
    > > Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance tab
    > > If you have Windows Classic Style, then you can click the Advanced button
    > > on
    > > the Appearance tab and from the drop-down menu choose "Selected Items" and
    > > make it any color you wish.
    > > Keep in mind that the flashing taskbar buttons will always be the same
    > > color
    > > as the items you highlight, so select a color that works well in both
    > > situations.
    > >
    > > "RJB" <RJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> when you receive an IM or a new program opens in the background, it
    > > flashes
    > >> orange on the menu bar at the bottom. is there anyway to change that
    > > orange
    > >> to a custom color?

    if you use stylexp or the free uxtheme patcher there are numerous styles
    available on web sites that have various colors.

    see here for the patcher along with visual styles:
    "Visual Style Pack and UXTheme Multi - Patcher for XP, SP1, SP2 , windows
    2003.
    "
    http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

    Kenny