Closed Solved

GTX 680 on 520W psu

My current specs are
-Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8 (H80 watercooler)
-Gigabyte Z77-D3H
-Corsair 2x4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
-EVGA GTX 680
-OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
-Antec HCG-520w (80plus bronze)

Im wondering if my psu will be able to hold up, i dont plan on ocing my vid card
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 520w
  1. Best answer
    For a system using a single GeForce GTX 680 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated @ 45°C-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Antec High Current Gamer Series 520W (HCG-520), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 680.
  2. Looks like a good power supply, should just do it, but i'd get 600w or something like that for future upgrading PC parts or if you choose to go SLI/Xfire etc.
  3. Make sure you've got enough 6-pin PCIe connectors! They look like this:

4. 520w will do it but on the other hand, getting a gtx 670 is a much better choice. performs the same from factory overclocked models

id suggest this one. same thing as the evga ftw, but made by galaxy
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71127&vpn=67NPH6DV5ZVX&manufacture=Galaxy%20Technology&promoid=1306
  5. bemused_fred said:
    Make sure you've got enough 6-pin PCIe connectors! They look like this:

http://kablammo.strongerthandeath.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/six-pin.JPG

I had a 7950 that took 2 6 pins so ya i have them lol

Thanks for the answers guys
  6. Best answer selected by cybersheep.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx Components