I hope someone can help!!

April 16, 2005 8:09:23 PM

This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with a
reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
help here...
Thanks.

Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but i
think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo to
a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
how do I re-assign the button.
Thanks,
John

"Byte" wrote:

> That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer! Not
> an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the graphic,
> thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you want to
> copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?
>
> "jcbigears" wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> > I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into Windows
> > Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on the icon
> > for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should be
> > moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where the
> > photo should be copied to.
> > Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
> > Thanks,
> > John

More about : hope

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 1:20:23 PM

Have you added Copy To and Move To to the context menu.

"jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52D679BA-2F41-4998-B4DF-80B68D8D2F74@microsoft.com...
> This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with a
> reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
> help here...
> Thanks.
>
> Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
> have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but i
> think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo to
> a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
> how do I re-assign the button.
> Thanks,
> John
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer! Not
>> an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the graphic,
>> thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you want to
>> copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?
>>
>> "jcbigears" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> > I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into Windows
>> > Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on the icon
>> > for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should be
>> > moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where the
>> > photo should be copied to.
>> > Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:44:06 PM

Hmmm and how would i do that? Do you mean in "file types" under tools?

John

"David Candy" wrote:

> Have you added Copy To and Move To to the context menu.

> "jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52D679BA-2F41-4998-B4DF-80B68D8D2F74@microsoft.com...
> > This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with a
> > reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
> > help here...
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
> > have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but i
> > think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo to
> > a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
> > how do I re-assign the button.
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > "Byte" wrote:
> >
> >> That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer! Not
> >> an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the graphic,
> >> thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you want to
> >> copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?

Related resources
April 18, 2005 5:45:39 AM

Oh boy.....David. <w> That has some fun issues. However, many find the
bad out weights the good. What is your opinion on that?

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Have you added Copy To and Move To to the context menu.

"jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with
> reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
> help here...
> Thanks.
>
> Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
> have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but
> think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo
> a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
> how do I re-assign the button.
> Thanks,
> John
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer!
>> Not
>> an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the
>> graphic,
>> thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you
>> want to
>> copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?
>>
>> "jcbigears" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> > I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into
>> > Windows
>> > Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on
>> > the icon
>> > for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should
>> > be
>> > moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where
>> > the
>> > photo should be copied to.
>> > Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
April 18, 2005 5:46:34 AM

My bad, misread that and thank goodness.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Have you added Copy To and Move To to the context menu.

"jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with
> reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
> help here...
> Thanks.
>
> Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
> have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but
> think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo
> a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
> how do I re-assign the button.
> Thanks,
> John
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> That is normal. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is just that - a Viewer!
>> Not
>> an editor. You clicked Edit (Ctrl+E), meaning you want to Edit the
>> graphic,
>> thus Windows wants to know which editor your want to use or where you
>> want to
>> copy it to so you can edit it. Capish?
>>
>> "jcbigears" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> > I've noticed that when I double click a picture and it opens into
>> > Windows
>> > Picture and Fax Viewer. No problem there. However, when I click on
>> > the icon
>> > for edit or hit CTRL-E, a window opens asking me where the photo should
>> > be
>> > moved to, and when I click cancel, then another opens asking me where
>> > the
>> > photo should be copied to.
>> > Any ideas? I've set settings in the "file types" to default.
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:18:47 PM

I don't know how you would have done it. But not through File Types. A reg file from a tweaking site perhaps. But the question was "do you ....?" not "how to ...?". Right click something and look.

"jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E821A713-D2D8-4E86-BC70-6BC7C4CF0B6B@microsoft.com...
> Hmmm and how would i do that? Do you mean in "file types" under tools?
>
> John
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Have you added Copy To and Move To to the context menu.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "jcbigears" <jcbigears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52D679BA-2F41-4998-B4DF-80B68D8D2F74@microsoft.com...
>> > This is a thread that I've taken from another group. It is a problem with a
>> > reassigned button in Windows picture and fax viewer, so I hope someone can
>> > help here...
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Thanks, but it used to just open an editor like photoshop, and I wouldn't
>> > have to copy it anywhere. I realise that the viewer isn't an editor, but i
>> > think that the button has been reassigned. If I tell it to copy the photo to
>> > a folder, it still doesn't open an editing program. My question is really
>> > how do I re-assign the button.
>> > Thanks,
>> > John

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:18:48 PM

Thanks David - momentary lapse of something....

Yes, it appears "Move to folder" and "Copy to folder" are in the context
menu, which raises many questions.
1. how did they get there
2. how do i remove them, and
3. how are they interfering with the CTRL-E and edit button in the viewer
I guess 1 and 3 aren't that important, as 2 is what I'm looking for, and
maybe they'll stop interfering then.
Any ideas?
Thanks again,
John