Whats better for gaming the AMD 5450 or nVIDIA 9800gt

jamesg2571

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
hello i was wondering what was the best card out of these two for gaming

battlefield 3 and bad company 2

the reason im asking is because im helping a friend get a new gpu for low cost and i found these.
he already has a gt 220 atm but its not really the best for bf3 its on low all around, so any help would be good the budget is £30 because that's all he has atm.

thanks

Solution

Yes, it will. It's twice as fast, so it will give twice as much frames per second.
perfrel.gif

For 30 pounds you cannot get anything more powerful. It's the best choice you have.

Justgotowned

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
The 9800GT is a WAY more powerful card, as it was nVidia's TOTL card and it still is pretty decent. However, if you could tell your specs and budget, I could recommend a godd card for you :) But the GT is still a pretty decent choice overall by a long shot...

Yes, it will. It's twice as fast, so it will give twice as much frames per second.
perfrel.gif

For 30 pounds you cannot get anything more powerful. It's the best choice you have.

Solution

jamesg2571

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
well he only wants a new gpu and im helping him out as i built my own rig but im as his budget is only £35 its very hard because at that price they all seem crap.
cpu - intel core 2 quad
ram - 4gb ddr3 (only 3gb usable as 32bit os)
gpu - gt220

i dont know psu as not my pc