Connecting to PC: Best Software?

Last response: in Brands
August 1, 2004 5:41:13 PM

I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my PC
(3510i/3100/7250i).

I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite, also
LogoManager.

So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd have to
have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be quite
happy to have just one at a time.

Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending £29
for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.

TIA

More about : connecting software

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 1:04:36 PM

"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my PC
> (3510i/3100/7250i).
>
> I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite,
also
> LogoManager.
>
> So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd have
> have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be quite
> happy to have just one at a time.
>
> Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending £29
> for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
>
> TIA

All depends on what you want to do - OPM2 is the best solution, but, as you
say, expensive. LogoManager is also good, but limited in its capabilities.
OPM2 does almost everything! Me? I use PC Suite, to pull messages off my 2
nokias (6310i & 8310) & to sync the phonebook & calender. LogoManager for
Logos & ringtones (I find it easier to use than OPM2)
I find I don't use OPM2 that much anymore as I don't change the phone
settings now they are to my liking, and I cannot get it upgraded without
paying more money. NOTE - The OPM2 licencing fees debate has been done to
death here before. Please lets not go there again!

HTH
Dolphin Boy
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 9:56:09 PM

"Dolphin Boy" <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> > I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my
PC
> > (3510i/3100/7250i).
> >
> > I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite,
> also
> > LogoManager.
> >
> > So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd
have
> > have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be
quite
> > happy to have just one at a time.
> >
> > Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending
£29
> > for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> All depends on what you want to do - OPM2 is the best solution, but, as
you
> say, expensive. LogoManager is also good, but limited in its capabilities.
> OPM2 does almost everything! Me? I use PC Suite, to pull messages off my 2
> nokias (6310i & 8310) & to sync the phonebook & calender. LogoManager for
> Logos & ringtones (I find it easier to use than OPM2)
> I find I don't use OPM2 that much anymore as I don't change the phone
> settings now they are to my liking, and I cannot get it upgraded without
> paying more money. NOTE - The OPM2 licencing fees debate has been done to
> death here before. Please lets not go there again!
>
> HTH
> Dolphin Boy

With regard the licencing fee. It covers a full year of upgrades... and
after that I won't be able to upgrade automatically.. correct?

If I'm using a different phone, will I still be able to use OPM (without
having to change the IMEI number/key)
August 3, 2004 12:37:15 PM

> "Dolphin Boy" <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> > > I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my
> PC
> > > (3510i/3100/7250i).
> > >
> > > I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite,
> > also
> > > LogoManager.
> > >
> > > So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd
> have
> > > have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be
> quite
> > > happy to have just one at a time.
> > >
> > > Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending
> £29
> > > for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > All depends on what you want to do - OPM2 is the best solution, but, as
> you
> > say, expensive. LogoManager is also good, but limited in its
capabilities.
> > OPM2 does almost everything! Me? I use PC Suite, to pull messages off my
2
> > nokias (6310i & 8310) & to sync the phonebook & calender. LogoManager
for
> > Logos & ringtones (I find it easier to use than OPM2)
> > I find I don't use OPM2 that much anymore as I don't change the phone
> > settings now they are to my liking, and I cannot get it upgraded without
> > paying more money. NOTE - The OPM2 licencing fees debate has been done
> > death here before. Please lets not go there again!
> >
> > HTH
> > Dolphin Boy
>

> With regard the licencing fee. It covers a full year of upgrades... and
> after that I won't be able to upgrade automatically.. correct?
> If I'm using a different phone, will I still be able to use OPM (without
> having to change the IMEI number/key)
the IMEI, change phone, you will have to change license key. OPM recently
changed their policy on this, and keys are now provided even if your license
has run out. Note, OPM will NOT allocate a key for a phone once they have
"deleted" it from a previous license key.

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:56:01 PM

"Dolphin Boy" <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
>> I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my PC
>> (3510i/3100/7250i).
>>
>> I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite,
> also
>> LogoManager.
>>
>> So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd have
>> have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be
>> quite
>> happy to have just one at a time.
>>
>> Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending £29
>> for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
>>
>> TIA
>>
> All depends on what you want to do - OPM2 is the best solution, but, as
> you
> say, expensive. LogoManager is also good, but limited in its capabilities.
> OPM2 does almost everything! Me? I use PC Suite, to pull messages off my 2
> nokias (6310i & 8310) & to sync the phonebook & calender. LogoManager for
> Logos & ringtones (I find it easier to use than OPM2)
> I find I don't use OPM2 that much anymore as I don't change the phone
> settings now they are to my liking, and I cannot get it upgraded without
> paying more money. NOTE - The OPM2 licencing fees debate has been done to
> death here before. Please lets not go there again!

Not forgetting Mobius/MobiMB, also from LogoManager, depending on what you
want to do.

--
Get your phone connected with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk

"Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Dolphin Boy" <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> >> I've got 3 different nokia's which I'd like to transfer/backup onto my
PC
> >> (3510i/3100/7250i).
> >>
> >> I've used Oxygen a little to see what it's like, & the Nokia PC Suite,
> > also
> >> LogoManager.
> >>
> >> So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd
have
> >> have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be
> >> quite
> >> happy to have just one at a time.
> >>
> >> Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending
£29
> >> for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> > All depends on what you want to do - OPM2 is the best solution, but, as
> > you
> > say, expensive. LogoManager is also good, but limited in its
capabilities.
> > OPM2 does almost everything! Me? I use PC Suite, to pull messages off my
2
> > nokias (6310i & 8310) & to sync the phonebook & calender. LogoManager
for
> > Logos & ringtones (I find it easier to use than OPM2)
> > I find I don't use OPM2 that much anymore as I don't change the phone
> > settings now they are to my liking, and I cannot get it upgraded without
> > paying more money. NOTE - The OPM2 licencing fees debate has been done
> > death here before. Please lets not go there again!
>
> Not forgetting Mobius/MobiMB, also from LogoManager, depending on what you
> want to do.

Not for my steam powered phones Mike!
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 10:36:02 AM

"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message news:<Zp6Pc.282$zx4.37@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>...

> So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd have to
> have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be quite
> happy to have just one at a time.
>
> Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending £29
> for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.

Thank you for rating our software so high!

Now, we are working on new Oxygen Phone Manager II improvements.
Concerning phone connections: in fact, you can connect for about 65535
phones to any Oxygen Phone Manager II license, but you will be able to
upload data only to the phones, registered on our registration server.
It means, that you don't need to register your phone on our
registration server, if you plan only to read information from your
handset. You should register your phone only, if you plan to load info
to this very handset.

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 11:10:38 PM

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
>
> > So far OPM seems to be the best, although reading into the cost, I'd
have to
> > have a family licence in order to connect all three, although I'd be
quite
> > happy to have just one at a time.
> >
> > Any other suggestions - cost is important. Dont really fancy spending
£29
> > for something I'd only get the benefit of about 5 times.
> >

> Thank you for rating our software so high!
>
> Now, we are working on new Oxygen Phone Manager II improvements.
> Concerning phone connections: in fact, you can connect for about 65535
> phones to any Oxygen Phone Manager II license, but you will be able to
> upload data only to the phones, registered on our registration server.
> It means, that you don't need to register your phone on our
> registration server, if you plan only to read information from your
> handset. You should register your phone only, if you plan to load info
> to this very handset.

Didn't think I rated it to be honest.

It's an ideal situation if you never change your mobile & just need to back
up other phone's data either for your use or as a safeguard for the address
book data.

But as far as I can see, and from my own circumstances alone, I change my
own phone every 12-14 months when my contract is due, so for me personally,
I wouldn't see the benefit.

As a deterrent against piracy it probably works, but for me, I'll start
using other packages. Maybe not perfect, but over a 2 year period, it'd save
me £60
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 11:47:21 AM

"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message news:<OwaQc.1023$1Z1.435@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>...

> Didn't think I rated it to be honest.
>
> It's an ideal situation if you never change your mobile & just need to back
> up other phone's data either for your use or as a safeguard for the address
> book data.
>
> But as far as I can see, and from my own circumstances alone, I change my
> own phone every 12-14 months when my contract is due, so for me personally,
> I wouldn't see the benefit.
>
> As a deterrent against piracy it probably works, but for me, I'll start
> using other packages. Maybe not perfect, but over a 2 year period, it'd save
> me £60

One phone limitation doesn't cover this situation anyhow. In fact 'one
phone' means, that you can upload info in one phone only. But, if you
will change your handset, you can unregister old phone and register
the new one for free (as you are still using only one phone at a
time). One phone limitation acts if you will try to upload information
into two phones parallely. In this case, you should just extend your
license, so you could manage two phone simulatenously. I.e., you don't
need to spend any 'extras' if you wish to change your phone to
another. By the way, this option will function if when your annual
support and renewals subscription expires: you still can replace the
phones whithout any addiitional registration fee.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 12:37:07 AM

> "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Didn't think I rated it to be honest.
> >
> > It's an ideal situation if you never change your mobile & just need to
back
> > up other phone's data either for your use or as a safeguard for the
address
> > book data.
> >
> > But as far as I can see, and from my own circumstances alone, I change
my
> > own phone every 12-14 months when my contract is due, so for me
personally,
> > I wouldn't see the benefit.
> >
> > As a deterrent against piracy it probably works, but for me, I'll start
> > using other packages. Maybe not perfect, but over a 2 year period, it'd
save
> > me £60
>
> One phone limitation doesn't cover this situation anyhow. In fact 'one
> phone' means, that you can upload info in one phone only. But, if you
> will change your handset, you can unregister old phone and register
> the new one for free (as you are still using only one phone at a
> time). One phone limitation acts if you will try to upload information
> into two phones parallely. In this case, you should just extend your
> license, so you could manage two phone simulatenously. I.e., you don't
> need to spend any 'extras' if you wish to change your phone to
> another. By the way, this option will function if when your annual
> support and renewals subscription expires: you still can replace the
> phones whithout any addiitional registration fee.
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov

So, if I'm reading this correctly. If I buy the licence for three phones,
when the 12 month period was complete, I could still change my phones & not
incur any other cost?

I would also be able to upload & backup any data on those phones? Although
in fairness, I maybe wrong in thinking I'd need a three phone licence as I'd
not have more than one phone connected at any one time...

Am I wrong in this assumption?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:41:03 PM

> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Didn't think I rated it to be honest.
> > >
> > > It's an ideal situation if you never change your mobile & just need to
> back
> > > up other phone's data either for your use or as a safeguard for the
> address
> > > book data.
> > >
> > > But as far as I can see, and from my own circumstances alone, I change
> my
> > > own phone every 12-14 months when my contract is due, so for me
> personally,
> > > I wouldn't see the benefit.
> > >
> > > As a deterrent against piracy it probably works, but for me, I'll
start
> > > using other packages. Maybe not perfect, but over a 2 year period,
it'd
> save
> > > me £60
> >
> > One phone limitation doesn't cover this situation anyhow. In fact 'one
> > phone' means, that you can upload info in one phone only. But, if you
> > will change your handset, you can unregister old phone and register
> > the new one for free (as you are still using only one phone at a
> > time). One phone limitation acts if you will try to upload information
> > into two phones parallely. In this case, you should just extend your
> > license, so you could manage two phone simulatenously. I.e., you don't
> > need to spend any 'extras' if you wish to change your phone to
> > another. By the way, this option will function if when your annual
> > support and renewals subscription expires: you still can replace the
> > phones whithout any addiitional registration fee.
> >
> > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>

> So, if I'm reading this correctly. If I buy the licence for three phones,
> when the 12 month period was complete, I could still change my phones &
not
> incur any other cost?
>
> I would also be able to upload & backup any data on those phones? Although
> in fairness, I maybe wrong in thinking I'd need a three phone licence as
I'd
> not have more than one phone connected at any one time...
>
> Am I wrong in this assumption?

If you're using 3 phones, you will need a 3 phone licence. You can only
connect
one phone at a time anyway!
After 1 year, you can still use a different set of 3 phones, Oxygen will
give you a licence,
free of charge, to do this. They will delete one of the original phones from
the licence to make room.
You won't be able to get a licence for the "deleted" phone ever again.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:47:04 PM

Phantom - email me - lose the deathtospammers
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:19:40 PM

"Dolphin Boy" <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p uIQc.8933$4%2.3323@fe07.usenetserver.com...
> Phantom - email me - lose the deathtospammers

Tried, but bounced right back
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:29:32 PM

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:41:03 +0100, "Dolphin Boy"
<dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
>> > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message

>> back
>> address

>> my
>> personally,

>start
>it'd
>> save
>> >
>> > One phone limitation doesn't cover this situation anyhow. In fact 'one
>> > phone' means, that you can upload info in one phone only. But, if you
>> > will change your handset, you can unregister old phone and register
>> > the new one for free (as you are still using only one phone at a
>> > time). One phone limitation acts if you will try to upload information
>> > into two phones parallely. In this case, you should just extend your
>> > license, so you could manage two phone simulatenously. I.e., you don't
>> > need to spend any 'extras' if you wish to change your phone to
>> > another. By the way, this option will function if when your annual
>> > support and renewals subscription expires: you still can replace the
>> > phones whithout any addiitional registration fee.
>> >
>> > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>>

>> So, if I'm reading this correctly. If I buy the licence for three phones,
>> when the 12 month period was complete, I could still change my phones &
>not
>> incur any other cost?
>>
>> I would also be able to upload & backup any data on those phones? Although
>> in fairness, I maybe wrong in thinking I'd need a three phone licence as
>I'd
>> not have more than one phone connected at any one time...
>>
>> Am I wrong in this assumption?
>>
>If you're using 3 phones, you will need a 3 phone licence. You can only
>connect
>one phone at a time anyway!

Is that right? I thought you could simultaneously connect as many
phones as you had licenses for.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:29:33 PM

"Chris Blunt" <chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:D um6h09bei28n23rk0mhsb8naoeqphs0i1@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:41:03 +0100, "Dolphin Boy"
> <dolphin_boy_42DEATHTOSPAMMERS@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message

> >> back
> >> address

> >> my
> >> personally,

> >start
> >it'd
> >> save

> >> So, if I'm reading this correctly. If I buy the licence for three
phones,
> >> when the 12 month period was complete, I could still change my phones &
> >not
> >> incur any other cost?
> >>
> >> I would also be able to upload & backup any data on those phones?
Although
> >> in fairness, I maybe wrong in thinking I'd need a three phone licence
as
> >I'd
> >> not have more than one phone connected at any one time...
> >>
> >> Am I wrong in this assumption?
> >>
> >If you're using 3 phones, you will need a 3 phone licence. You can only
> >connect
> >one phone at a time anyway!
>
> Is that right? I thought you could simultaneously connect as many
> phones as you had licenses for.

Physical connections, I suppose you could use IR, RS232 & Bluetooth, but I'd
get confused!
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:05:24 AM

"*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message news:<TTwQc.295$Ua2.124@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>...

> So, if I'm reading this correctly. If I buy the licence for three phones,
> when the 12 month period was complete, I could still change my phones & not
> incur any other cost?

Of course! Technical support and renewals subscription period is
related only to prior technical support and renewals. After license
expiration you can still change your phones (if these models are
supported by your version, of course).

> I would also be able to upload & backup any data on those phones? Although
> in fairness, I maybe wrong in thinking I'd need a three phone licence as I'd
> not have more than one phone connected at any one time...
> Am I wrong in this assumption?

I will just explain: you should register only phones, you will use for
uploading data. For example, if you posess three phones and plan to
upload data to all three phones, you should register all three phones.
If you will change one of these phones to another, you should
unregister one of previous three phones and register new handset, so
there is three phones again. Also, you don't need to register phone on
our registration server if you plan to use it in read-only mode.

Oxygen Phone Manager I allowed to use only registered phones, but
Oxygen Phone Manager II enables to connect, practically, infinite
number of unregister phones for reading information. This option, in
fact, makes Oxygen Phone Manager II even cheaper and more efficient,
than its predecessor- Oxygen Phone Manager I.

Also, when your technical support and renewals subscription period
expires, there is no need to order completely new license.
Subscription renewal is much more cheaper. You can view complete
pricescale in various currency here:

http://www.opm-2.com/order/ (see 'reduced price' option below the
table).

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:08:27 AM

Chris Blunt <chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote in message news:<dum6h09bei28n23rk0mhsb8naoeqphs0i1@4ax.com>...
> I thought you could simultaneously connect as many
> phones as you had licenses for.

You are right. If you have licensed three phones, you can connect
three of them simultaneously (for example, two by cable and one by
bluetooth; one by infrared, one by bluetooth, one by cable etc.).

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:27:17 PM

I will just explain: you should register only phones, you will use for
> uploading data. For example, if you posess three phones and plan to
> upload data to all three phones, you should register all three phones.
> If you will change one of these phones to another, you should
> unregister one of previous three phones and register new handset, so
> there is three phones again.

To avoid all of this complication, I use MobiMB and Mobius from
logomanager.co.uk, as you can use as many phones as you like without
having to licence for each one.
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 10:40:41 AM

hawk99hawk99@hotmail.com (hawker) wrote in message news:<65aee1f1.0408071327.42faafb6@posting.google.com>...
> I will just explain: you should register only phones, you will use for
> > uploading data. For example, if you posess three phones and plan to
> > upload data to all three phones, you should register all three phones.
> > If you will change one of these phones to another, you should
> > unregister one of previous three phones and register new handset, so
> > there is three phones again.
>
> To avoid all of this complication, I use MobiMB and Mobius from
> logomanager.co.uk, as you can use as many phones as you like without
> having to licence for each one.

You also don't need separate license for each phone. In fact, number
of registered phones, we also call 'registration slots'. For example,
in case of Family License for three phones, you don't need three
different codes and three different licenses, but all three phones are
encoded in single keycode. Also, as we've told previously, you can
connect up to 65535 phones to any license and they will function in
read-only mode, but you can upload information to the registered
phones only.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/