Can't install Windows 7. "Computer's hardware doesn't support booting"

eXpertN00B

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hi,

I'm probably having the weirdest problem ever.

So, something caused my windows to fail, and I had to buy a new windows, so I bought the Windows 7 64 bit version.

I entered the CD and then it automatically booted, and then it went through the usual setup routine and the problem started when it reached the part where I'm supposed to choose where to install Windows.
I formatted Local Disk "C" and then chose it to install there, it then said: This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

I then shut down the PC and then re-booted it, it read the CD and then went to "Windows is loading files" then skipped the installation and went for the normal "Starting Windows"... It’s weird because I don't have a "C" so how come it says that without having windows? Anyway, it passes this screen and suddenly it just glows in multi colors until I have to shut it down myself. Trying again gave the same response (Which means I can’t access the install screen. All what I have is the BIOS menu)

What the hell is going on? There is no way I can return the CD at the moment, and I lost the previous Windows disk...

Please Help Me!

PC Specs:
Motherboard: Z68AP-D3
GPU: Powercolor 6850 1GB GDDR5
CPU: i5 2400 3.1 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR 3 1600 MHz
Windows: ironically NONE

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

how big is the hard drive?

if your motherboard uses a bios not a uefi

then there is a limit i think its around 2tb or so that if you go above then you cant boot from it

try patitioning hard drive something like 800gb for c drive then rest as another

(you can change in real time when windows boots after install)