Which is better for gaming?

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Hi i would like to know which of these graphics card is better for gaming ATI Radeon HD 5450 or nvidia 510 1GB?

There's no reviews for the nVidia 510, but according to the specs it should be the same as HD 5450. Both cards are meant for web browsing, watching HD movies but not for gaming purposes. So whatever you get should give you the same result.

There you go:

ee400euros.png

That card is a real gaming card. It's 6 times faster that HD 5450. This computer would be way better than the one you linked previously.

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
For my budget i don't really want to go over 400 because i don't think i wont get much more.
when schools ends i will work for a month or so and i will probably make about 450 euros max.
And i don't think that i want to build one because i might fail.
i know something so to my friends but i've never messed with a desktop.
Yup i'm not taking that risk so yeah.

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Can you really make a build with 400 euros?
Sorry yeah i have a budget.
And i live in estonia.
And i wont have the money until mid july.
Sorry.

You really can't spend 8 euros over your budget? I wouldn't really make any downgrades from that build, because for 8 euros less you either get a graphics card that's 30% slower or a CPU which is 20% slower. Can't compromise on anything else - those are the cheapest products available.

Also, don't be afraid to build a system. It's pretty easy. I was scared too before my first build, yet some one encouraged me and I proceeded to buy the parts and when I had them all I proceeded to build. 2 hours later it was up and running, installing windows. That feeling is unimaginatively nice, the computer really feels yours and not some random company who put the worst possible components inside just to make a profit (like that GT 510). Trust me, it's not hard at all, and the whole process is worth it. It just seems hard, but once you start building, you see that there's nothing complicated. It's like legos. Plus, you get a very nice machine for the price - you'd pay around 550 euros for a similar one.

Check these, you'll see how easy it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
So the pic you made has all the parts that i should order?
Well it might not be as hard and that 8 euros wont make that much of a difference beside i can get the case for free.
But what if i up?
But yeah i have a lot of time to learn about it because i need to get the money first and for that i need to work my ass off somehwere for about a month.
And Final day of school for me is after 15 june just have to pass all the exams and then somwhere in mid july i will get the money so that gives me more than enought time to learn about it.

And once again i must remember you what happens if i up?

You won't fail. It's pretty much impossible to fail - the only way to kill your components is use brute force on them. Of course, you can always run 220 V through it.. :lol: But seriously, there are no space for errors. The only thing you got to be careful about is inserting the CPU into the motherboard, because you need to fit it in the right direction (it will be marked, it's easy to spot). Everything else is piece of cake - you can't put graphics card in RAM slot, because it doesn't fit. That's the idea - each component will fit to one and only one place ;).

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Well you might be right i guess and it does look easy.
Well first i need to wait and get the money and hope when i order the parts that they do get here:)

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I wouldn't bother. That board has very limited expansion/overclocking options, the CPU will only give you max 75% of your GPU's capabilities + its only a dual core and the 6770 will choke above 1680 x 1050. 320GB is also too small for a gaming system, most games take up 10GB+ each. Save up 800 euro's then you can build a proper gaming PC, not a cheapo one.

What are you talking about? It's sandy bridge CPU which is very fast. It wouldn't bottleneck anything up to at least GTX 580. What's wrong with that board? Sure, you cannot overclock on it. So what? PCI express slot is there. And no, HD 6770 will not choke above 1680x1050. It will play most games on high settings at 1920x1080, and only a few will have to have reduced settings. Don't spread misinformation! :non:

320 GB hard drive.. It's more than enough if you're modest. You don't have to have 30 games installed at the same time.

Seriously, he doesn't have more money. That computer will enable to play him most games on high settings. Why shouldn't he buy it? He doesn't have an option to save up more.

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Thank you Sunius your like a mentor for me now.
You have been a lot of help for me and i thank you for that.
My life is not a simple flower so when i need something i can't just throw money at it.
And since i live estonia where a good salary is about 600 euros not like in finland or some other countrys where the minimum salary is something with 1300 euros.
I live with my dad and he does not make that good salary what we have in estonia. (When i need something the first thing is not go asking for money, i'll try to get another way like make the money myself if the number goes high.)

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

A pentium or a celeron is slooooooooooow sandy bridge or not and its a cut down dual core with only a small amount of cache, and a 6770 is poor. It will choke on DirectX 11, and chug on DirectX 10. You'll have to reduce settings on MOST games. And modesty on a HDD? Max Payne 3 is 30GB, GTA 4 is 18GB, average console ports are 8GB+.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

HTPC *and* classic or older games. ; ) I have seen such cards run more recent games but those are likely overclocked or modified in some way.

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

I wasn't going to reply until I read this.

Please do not listen to this guy.

Smeg45 - Whatcha been smokin' bro? I don't care if it has "Pentium" in the name. It's a sandy bridge dual core, plenty fast for most games today. Most games aren't even CPU bound anyways. as for only dual core, you've got to be kidding. You do realize that 98% of games cannot take advantage of more than 2 cores right? As for the 6770, no, he will not have to reduce settings on most games. My brother has a 5770, he can run most games on high settings smoothly at 1680x1050. 1920x1080p is easily doable. The HDD is a personal preference. Personally, I think 320Gb is plenty, unless you download tons of movies, music, and games. Please, stop spreading false information.

Sunius picked out very balanced and good parts. They will run most games on med-high settings on resolutions 1920x1080 or lower. meediaplus, what games do you plan on playing with the computer, and at what resolution? Unless you want to play like Crysis 2 and BF3 maxed, the machine will do fine, I guarantee it.

As for putting it together, I thought like you once. But I tried it. That was 3-4 years ago, and I have since assembled multiple desktops for relatives and friends. I'm only 19 too, so I'm not some guys with like 30 years experience been doing this for a living either. All you need to do is read up a little bit, maybe watch some youtube videos. There are tons of video tutorials and guides.

Good luck to you.

meediaplus

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Well i'm watching tutorials and reading stuff about it.
And sunius has been great help.
As for the games i'm planing to play.
Well time tells can't start naming them now because that will make me want to play them now and i can't because my laptop does not allow that.
Resolution, depends on the monitor, have to pick that out.
And thank you for your suport i really appreciate it.

Desert Eagle

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Sunius is giving you good advice for your budget meediaplus. If you run into any problems building your rig then there is plenty of experience on these forums to help you along.

You better leave this thread.. I suppose you had never seen those pentiums in action.