Good cpu cooler

can anyone recomend a good cpu cooler im considering the hyper 212 evo vs Xigmatek Dark Knight Nighthawk
its for a i7 3770k thanks for your input
17 answers Last reply
More about good cooler
  1. I am personally not a fan of Xigmatek - they include cheap thermal compound and tons of loose parts. You're better off getting the Hyper 212.

An alternate suggestion would be the Noctua NH-U9B.
  2. and if money is no issue, Watercooling, Either the CM H100 or Antec Kuhler H20 920. Just to cover all basis, if you ever wanna step that way. But yes the Evo is much better, get a second fan for it and put it into Push Pull Config.
  3. the best air cooler out there would be a noctua nh-d14 but it is a very big cooler. it performs like a h100 but slightly under due to the fact that corsair puts very fast spinning fans on the h100 (they sound like hair dryers)
  4. money isnt an issue but ive saw a few systems with watercooling breaking thats why i didnt op for it but thanks for the input can anyone recomend some good ram for the sabertooth z77 board thanks
  5. Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz or G.Skills for the same GB and Mhz
  6. Shockattackr said:
    and if money is no issue, Watercooling, Either the CM H100 or Antec Kuhler H20 920. Just to cover all basis, if you ever wanna step that way. But yes the Evo is much better, get a second fan for it and put it into Push Pull Config.

Don't use a plastic loop. Strong air fans like the Noctua D14 or Phanteks TC-14 will give you the exact same results as a closed block like the H100 will any time of the day. If you're going to do liquid cooling, go with a real radiator and custom loop or not at all. That's my two cents.
  7. thanks ill go for the noctua and replace the fans as the stock is pretty ugle thanks all
  8. no. the noctua fans are pretty much the best fans on the market. replacing them usually gaining a couple of degrees.

you can get a phanteks tc-14 if you complain about the color. they come in a variety of colors too

fior the ram, get gskill ares or gskill ripjaws. corsair vengeance doesnt fit under these huge heatsinks and that the low profile ones arent worth it when you can get gskill for cheaper
  9. thanks thebigtroll very helpfull
  10. TheBigTroll said:
    no. the noctua fans are pretty much the best fans on the market. replacing them usually gaining a couple of degrees.

you can get a phanteks tc-14 if you complain about the color. they come in a variety of colors too

fior the ram, get gskill ares or gskill ripjaws. corsair vengeance doesnt fit under these huge heatsinks and that the low profile ones arent worth it when you can get gskill for cheaper

could you look over my system specs and help me a little more i apreciate it thanks
  11. hyper 212 evo
  12. what are the specs?
  13. i7 3770k
    gtx 680
    vertex 4
    corsair 850 watt gold modular
    barracuda 500gb
    z77 sabertooth
    this is my first build any help opinions are apreciated
  14. 1: unless you are video editing, i7s are no better than i5s
    2:id rather get a gtx670 and save some cash since it performs within 5% of a 680 and costing a hundred dollars less. id get a asus directcu2 top 670
    3:id get something like a crucial 128gb or 256gb instead. from what i heard, ocz was having some issues with the vertex 4 (i might be wrong)
    4:you dont need 850w. 750w is more than enough. id get a xfx xxx 750w since it is about as good but cheaper. if you are looking for the best, id get a seasonic x750w. it is the same as the corsair unit but it has hybrid fan technology which switches off the fan if the load is under 25%
    5: sabertooth is pretty much a gimmick. id get a gigabyte z77x-ud5h instead since it has a few more important features like dual gigabit lan.
  15. thanks ill go and check up on them right now
  16. Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK Professional Series Gold 850W is 40 cheaper than the x750 i dont know why and the 680 is 40 more than the 670 do you still recomend the same
  17. ok then. you can keep the ax850w. can you check out the price for the ax750w first?

what 680 are you talking about. if it is only 40 dollars more, im guessing it is a reference design which isnt good at cooling as the asus version
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooling CPUs Systems