Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireless PCI card " limited connection issue"

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 14, 2011 4:53:33 PM

Hi there . I have a problem with my EDIMAX WE7722 in wireless card . 
Every time I want to install the software for it ( whether from the CD or web , new or old ) I get that pop up window during installation : 
" compatibility issue : skip and continue or stop installation " the program lunches as it should and after entering the WPA network key I'm even able to connect to the Internet . 
After resetting the PC however I get message in the task-bar that the connection is limited and I may not be able to access some Internet resources. 
When I click on Fix button it tells me that windows can not fix the problem because it can not turn off the device ?!? 
I'm running the same card in one of my PC's downstairs and it works fine with windows vista . 
The one I have problem with is running in win XP pc . 
Does anyone have idea how to solve this issue ?? 
Maybe there is need to change some networking settings in win XP itself ? 
TCP/IP ? Or something . 



I use Virgin media modem (20Mg/s broadband )
And D-Link wireless router .

The distance from the modem to the pc I'm having problem with is approximately 5 m . The signal strength =75% .


I appreciate any help .
a b F Wireless
September 14, 2011 11:33:24 PM

Re-setup the wireless connection in the Control Panel. Like you are making a new wireless connection.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:34:16 AM

Ubrales said:
Re-setup the wireless connection in the Control Panel. Like you are making a new wireless connection.


Well , that was the very first think I did but it didn't work for me :/ 
I've even formated the hdd and installed the XP pro from the beginning , tried to set my wireless connection using the edimax software and using windows tools but nothing .
Once I've got message ( can't remember exactly ) "the address can not be assigned " maybe I need to enter the ip address manually ? If that could belp , how to do it ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
September 15, 2011 1:17:25 PM

Is there an alternate wireless device (other than Edimax) that you can use and try out?

I use Linksys WMP600N in 3 of my computers and they have worked flawlessly for time periods ranging from 14 months on two, to 2 years on another.

Recently, I purchased two Linksys WUSB100 refurbished adapters (USB) for $12 each from Newegg, and both work well - 3 months.

Hope this information helps.

Edit: I just saw Netgear reman USB wireless adapter on Newegg for $9.99 under their 'Shell Shocker' deals - Available from 6:00PM - 11:59PM PT
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 1:45:22 PM

Ubrales said:
Is there an alternate wireless device (other than Edimax) that you can use and try out?

I use Linksys WMP600N in 3 of my computers and they have worked flawlessly for time periods ranging from 14 months on two, to 2 years on another.

Recently, I purchased two Linksys WUSB100 refurbished adapters (USB) for $12 each from Newegg, and both work well - 3 months.

Hope this information helps.

Edit: I just saw Netgear reman USB wireless adapter on Newegg for $9.99 under their 'Shell Shocker' deals - Available from 6:00PM - 11:59PM PT


Well , I bought this one and I'm trying to find the solution how to make it work. Buying another is not an option in my case .
I'll not give up till it works :) 
Thanx anyway .
Cu .
m
0
l
a b F Wireless
September 15, 2011 2:28:28 PM

pshemax said:
Well , I bought this one and I'm trying to find the solution how to make it work. Buying another is not an option in my case .
I'll not give up till it works :) 
Thanx anyway .
Cu .

If it is still under warranty, consider RMAing it back to the source. Sometimes, new does not mean 'in good working order'.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 2:45:13 PM

Ubrales said:
If it is still under warranty, consider RMAing it back to the source. Sometimes, new does not mean 'in good working order'.

I've tested it on vista pc and it works .
That's not a card issue .
m
0
l
a b F Wireless
September 15, 2011 3:05:10 PM

pshemax said:
I've tested it on vista pc and it works .
That's not a card issue .

Yes I missed that point. Then it's best to re-install everything. Even try a different PCI slot.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 4:48:27 PM

122511,8,524018 said:
Yes I missed that point. Then it's best to re-install everything. Even try a different PCI .]

I'm looking for some solid answer that will help me solve the problem actually .
As I've mentioned before , I've formatted the hdd and installed win XP from the beginning . I've also tried all version of software that were available on the edimax website .
Thanx again .
m
0
l
a b F Wireless
September 15, 2011 4:56:18 PM

pshemax said:
122511,8,524018 said:
Yes I missed that point. Then it's best to re-install everything. Even try a different PCI .]

I'm looking for some solid answer that will help me solve the problem actually .
As I've mentioned before , I've formatted the hdd and installed win XP from the beginning . I've also tried all version of software that were available on the edimax website .
Thanx again .
said:

I have had this "limited or no connectivity" issue on rare occasions both on my XP laptop as well as on my i7-920 desktop on separate occasions. On every one of these rare occasions, within less than a minute the system reverted to normal, without my having to do any settings changes or tweaking.

It is definitely worthwhile to try a different PCI slot. This is a 'solid' suggestion.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 6:10:08 PM

Ubrales said:
I have had this "limited or no connectivity" issue on rare occasions both on my XP laptop as well as on my i7-920 desktop on separate occasions. On every one of these rare occasions, within less than a minute the system reverted to normal, without my having to do any settings changes or tweaking.

It is definitely worthwhile to try a different PCI slot. This is a 'solid' suggestion.


Thanx , but I know that's not it :) 
I can see that you are more of a hardware guy :) 
Same as me , therefore I always make sure that my hardware is in good working order before even going into the forum to ask any question .

I'm looking for an advice from someone who is familiar with wireless network configuration and how to set TCP/IP manually .
m
0
l
!