Last response: in Systems
July 25, 2012 9:57:57 PM

So I recently built the following system;
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTX
Memory: Patriot 8Gb (2x4) 1600 DDR 3
PSU: 1KW Coolermaster

The system has been running pretty smooth with just one occasional glitch. The video would randomly freeze on the monitor plugged into the on-board video. I could remedy this by simply restarting the computer and it didn't seem to happen again until a couple of days later or even up to a week later. The system did twice, while I was sleeping, just decide to restart itself and perform the wonderful windows restore and since I was sleeping I have no clue why!!!

Well, last night, my system decided to perform this system restore again and froze as it was "scanning for errors" and now I can get the ssytem to boot and then it just freezes on me either with just one monitor plugged into the GTX 8800 or both monitors, or just running the mobo's video. I put the GTX 8800 card into my backup system and it is running just fime so I am pretty sure it is the ASRock mobo but I am hoping someone, somewhere has a solution or something to help! :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

More about : system crapped

July 25, 2012 9:59:36 PM

Another thing I just thought of, I can not OC the system or it will not boot... it will post, but then it just boot loops or freezes right at the windows start screen... =(
m
l
!