Kwiepz

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

First of all I want to tell you guys im new here. Hopefully I can find some good answers / Solutions for my concerns.

Ive got a new custom build pc which is 2 days old, operating perfectly at this moment, though im a bit worried about the fact that the Idle core temperatures are jumping constantly between 20.C and 30/35.C every second on all cores.

On the other side my bios says that the Cpu temperature is 24.C

The thing is that im new to intel because I had 3 AMD's before this new system so that is why I put my concerns with you, hopefully I can get some answers from the community here.

I got the Ivy 3770K with the H100 Corsair.

Under full load the cores are a bit more stable (not jumping constantly) between 55 and 65.C

Is it normal the intel processors temp's are jumping constantly? or could it be something else?
And is the Temp at full load and idle fine?

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, answers and or solutions.
Thanks

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Well, the temps are perfectly fine. Although it is a bit odd that you're getting those weird temp spikes, it's nothing to worry about. They're well within their limits. It's most likely some hidden Windows process that's causing those spikes. As long as you don't notice any weird sudden performance drops or something like that, you're fine.

Kwiepz

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I dont think so. This because both HWMonitor and Coretemp are giving the same readings.

Could it be something like the Indexing Service or the Defrag service in services.msc?

With my previous AMD setups my cores were much more stable on the temperatures thats why I am wondering what it could be. I know the architecture is different compaired to intel, but still it worries me to death :pt1cable:

So the Temperature jumping is normal on the IVY 3770K? or should it be more stable? like +- a jump of 5 degrees max?

Do you guys have any other solutions I could test out in order to get the Core temperatures a bit more stable?

Kwiepz

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Ha :D If you say so. But is there anything that u recommend to try out before leaving it like this? Maybe a few tips for trying out to get it a bit more less jumpy?

Or is that totally normal for the 3770K?

ravenomega

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I have an i7 3770k with and H100 and it runs at 22c. It does sometimes jump around in the readings which actually just happened. If you can run everything you have been and it still runs smooth then it shouldn't be a problem. I have to use the one provided with the motherboard because those other programs give me insanely high readings though.