P8Z77v-Deluxe with GTX680 (windforce oc 2GB)

doh_Boy

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Hi,
I've been having serious problems with my new system:
I7-3770k
16GB(4x4GB) Corsair Vengence Ram (1600)
ASUS P8Z77V-DELUXE MOBO
M4 128GB SSD
XFX 850W PSU (bronze)

With the Gigabyte GTX 680 windforce 2GB oc I get constant driver crashes and 3d Mark Vantage doesn't complete the first test.

I've tried most things but the last thing I tried was putting the mobo into XMP o/c mode which enabled the system to complete the first two tests of vantage but crash in the third. Also with XMP set the pc would refuse to boot with a message of 93.

I'm currently gaming fine (TF2, Tribes Ascend) with my old 8800 GTS in the same slot with the same system.

Can anyone give me any help?

Also how do I get my money back with this? I've sent it back to the people I bought it from but they sent it right back to me saying it's working. I've currently got a 440 quid card that I can't use and can't sell, I'm not rich enough to let this go! :'(

Seriously any help would be gratefully appreciated.

doh_Boy

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Cheers for that but it wasn't working with all 300 drivers and 'out of the box'. I enabled XMP because I was told that was a solution.

if it not the 12v leg of the power supply. look at it and see what the 12volt plus is rated in amp. some ps have one or more then one leg. sometime one high end cards you have to put the card on two 12v legs or issues happen. that mb like the asus sabertooth have new bios 906/1015 for ram and cpu code update. if you still have the old 805 bios try updating the bios.
in the bios under video devices you want to set the pci card as first boot device.render standby to disabled and ipgpu to disabled. you dont want the lucent chipset and the gpu to fighting. the mpv software from lucient is buggy. also on the second page of video see if the card and cpu using pci 3.0 or pci 2.0 or pci 1.0 speed. if the bios is says pci 3.0 speed and it hanging try changing the setting to pci 2.0. and see if the gpu tests pass. one other issue could be bad ram try taking out 1/2 ram and see if the error stops or changes.

doh_Boy

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Thanks for all of that!

Now what worked was dropping PCI from 3(or auto) to 2.

I've just ran Vantage and it finished successfully so I'm not breaking out the champagne yet but I'm a lot more hopefully than I was!!

Any idea why the PCI 3 is the fault? Does that mean definitively Mobo, I'm vaguely aware than pci3 is something to do with the IVB cpus?

Anyway, thanks again!

it could be the cpu..a bent pin under the cpu or the lucient chipset that there using as the bridge chip. there been a posting on rog where guy had issued with his video card and the tech said to change the setting. I guss in 2.0 mode the bridge chip runs in a slower mode so there less noise. If the mb runs fine in all slot at 2x but not three i look for bent pins if not i rma the mb.