GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti Ultra need fan below 40%

leane

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Hello,
I have GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti Ultra Durable OC 1GB
When idle its temp/fan speed is 1900ot. and 25°C
I dont have hdd, only ssd and 140mm vents, so my pc is totally silent, but I can hear graphic card :[
I found sth about flashing bios and stuff but not enough info to do it.
Anyone can help me please? Ty.
edit: just found this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/355896-15-nvidia-bios-flash-nvflash
gonna look into it, but feel free to comment if you have some tips.
edit2: ok in that topic is nothing about editing bios so still need help How to do it please :]

leane

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I don't play games a lot, but still It's not gonna overheat. It has some breakpoints like 40% if temp is below 30°C, 50-60% if temp is below 50°C etc.. Thats the thing, I'm mostly just programing and stuff and temps are lower then 30°C, but fan minimum is 40%. It's unnecessarily high. Thats why I want to flash bios to get 30% fan when browsing web and stuff like that.

leane

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Come on I don't wanna use int. gfx cause I need 560Ti sometimes. Ye maybe virtu can shut external card off and use integrated, but I don't have virtu and it works just on ivy bridge if I'm not wrong.

fantastik250

Distinguished
It's really hard not make the fan go 30%. If it's hot, it's hot. It's better that the card stay cool. You will have to get used to it. Or put some sound dampening material inside your case.

leane

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Are you sure? I found some stuff that it's easy, you just need to flash and edit bios. But to be honest I didn't find any good tutorial :/

I have p67 mb so I'm damned :[