RF Keyboard & Mouse

Ceyan

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
I'm looking for a decent high-range RF keyboard and mouse. I've got a large conference room, and the solution I use right now is the RemotePoint RF combo. However, as is typically the case, several people have expressed their displeasure at having to use the keyboard whenever it is nessecary, and complain rather annoyingly loud to the bosses that this solution is unacceptable. All because they can't figure out how to use the MOUSE ON THE KEYBOARD!

Ah hem. Anyways, I need to know of any wireless keyboard and mouse sets that have a fairly high range (at least 25-30 ft, although longer would be much better). Can anyone help me out?

RATEDR

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2003
this is probably too late for you, but anyways...
i think the Gyration Ultra Professional Optical Suite sounds like a good fit. it has awesome range, and the mouse doesn't even require a desk, which is pretty handy for presentations and the like. there's a 25 ft range model as well, if you want to cut down on the price.

btw, i don't actually own one , but i've been thinking of getting one (25ft) for home use. Anyone who has any comments on it would be appreciated, as it looks like a very good mouse.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by RATEDR on 08/04/03 03:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Cool I might look into that if it's not too expensive. Right now I have a logitech combo. It can go 6 feet. I can stretch it to 7 or 8 feet. Wich is just barly enough using an extension to move the base closer. You could try extending the base and put in the middle of the confreance room desk. If you have one. One other thing to mention. These RF signals can be dissrupted by CB's and other signals. I have a big problem with one of my nighbors CB hobby. Everytime he talks on that thing my mouse won't work. I can also hear him through my PC speakers. Who uses CB's anymore? My nighbor.