Sign in with
Your question

How to setup email on windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2010 8:12:17 AM

Hi there,

how do i setup email on windows 7, and is it possible i can use my old account that i used to use on outlook?

Thank,
Lola

More about : setup email windows

a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2010 8:38:23 AM

Quote:
Hi there,

how do i setup email on windows 7, and is it possible i can use my old account that i used to use on outlook?

Thank,
Lola

Hi Lola,

Hopefully you backed up your mail archives first. ( If you have an online account like Gmail that you just sync with Outlook, this is less of a problem.)

Anyhow, install Outlook, assuming you haven't done so already. Then you can do one of several things: Either use the Windows Easy Transfer Wizard to copy your mail archives and settings across to the new installation, or copy them yourself, create an account and manually point Outlook to your archived mail.

If any of this doesn't make sense, give us a shout.
m
l
January 19, 2010 2:28:54 PM

One thing that Herr_Koos has faild to mention is that Windows 7 (ALL versions) do NOT come with ANY e-mail program what so ever.

Sooooo.... as he says install outlook if you have it.
If not, you can download Mozzila thunderbird 3.0 for free (google it) which looks and behaves much like outlook.
However if you are going to use this you will 1st have to convert any previously saved PST or DBX files from outlook.
m
l
June 21, 2010 2:12:23 AM

Windows 7 DOES come with an email program. It's Windows Live Mail. It's an upgrade from Windows Mail. You just need to set it up with your pop3 email information.
m
l
!