My pc is quite old
It has asus p5b motherboard
core 2 duo e6550 OCed to 2.7ghz
ancient 8600gt 512mb
WinXp SP 3
PSU 500 watt
Now i am very low on budget and have only 100$
I would like to upgrade the gaming performance and discovered the hd6770
wich for its price is good enough imo
My question is will it work fine with my setup and could i play last gen games at all?
If there are any better graphix cards for about 100$ pleas recommend me one
Here are my MB full specs:
- Support Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU
- Intel LGA775 Platform
- Intel® Quad-core CPU Ready
- Intel® Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Duo Ready
- Intel® Pentium® Extreme / Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D Ready
- 1066/800/ 533 MHz
- Dual-channel DDR2 800/667/533
- 1x PCI Express x16
- 6x SATA 3Gb/s
- RTL8111B PCI-E Gb LAN
- 8-channel HD Audio
- AI NOS™ / AI Gear / AI Nap
Will it be fine or not?
Also is my cpu fine and wont get bottlenecked?
It has a ver1.x PCIe slot which means it might (some did some did not) have the issue unless Asus fixed it with a BIOS update. If they have a BIOS update for your exact board dated in the fall of 2009 or after I would take my chance.