G

Heya everyone im writingthis thread for a friend of mine.. Well He bought all parts to e new pc as is needed.. It is NOT a Laptop.. The problem is just that when he bought it out in the shop the ekspedient told him it should easy be able to run Call of Duty Mordern Warfare 2 and 3 without Problems at all.... But when he putted all items into the cabinet it runs really great the 1st day.. But then the day after and the third day, it starts to lag alot, and actually is unplayable...

THe hardware he has bought is :

HDD : Western Digital 500 GB Caviar Blue 16 MB
Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV (rev 2.0)
Ram : Kingston 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz ValueRam
PowerSupply : Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2
Netcard : TP-Link TL-WN851ND
DVD : Samsung SH-222AB DVD+RW
Processer : Intel Core i3 2100 Sandy Bridge
Graphic card : Club 3D Geforce GT520 (1 GB)

Any help i appriciated.. Thank you very mutch...

fantastik250

Distinguished
Is he playing wirelessly? because it looks like a network adapter? If that's the case he may want a stronger signal to the router. Also, the core i3 may be able to play at best medium settings. The graphics card will roughly play at best medium settings. Do he have anything else running in the background? such as anti-virus and etc, while playing a game?

G

Yea he do use the Wireless... And very bad net actually.. But he can easy play it on his PS3 without lag so it shouldn't be that. But he cant even play Mw2 on Lowest graph without lag... He uses Microst security essentials as a antivirus... Else i only think he got Skype open.. Maybe spotify sometimes

i3 2100 is a very capable processor and is able to run CoD MW3 on ultra. However, the issue is the graphics card. Basically he got scammed: it's not a graphics card for gaming at all. It's made for watching movies and playing facebook games. I'd suggest he returns the card and buys a proper one.

G

Hmm .. I'll see to it...

THanks for the help mate :) Really Appriciated ^^

fantastik250

Distinguished
Yea he do use the Wireless... And very bad net actually.. But he can easy play it on his PS3 without lag so it shouldn't be that. But he cant even play Mw2 on Lowest graph without lag... He uses Microst security essentials as a antivirus... Else i only think he got Skype open.. Maybe spotify sometimes

You may tell him to turn off the anti-virus during game. And turn close down the programs and see if it makes any difference. Also, Sunius is correct about the graphics card. It is not a gaming card.

From techpowerup:

"As we saw in our benchmarks, NVIDIA's GeForce GT 520 is clearly not good enough for any serious gaming. If you are willing to sacrifice details settings, down to lowest in most games I could imagine things being playable at 1024x768, but not beyond. Decent cards for gaming start around $100 with GT 440 or HD 5750, which means $40 more than the GT 520. So instead of going with such a low-end card the better choice would be to buy one game less and spend the saved money on a decent graphics card like the GT 440 or GTS 450."

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520/27.html

G

I see what u mean.. I'll takl to him about it.. Thanks for your help mate.. Really appriciated :)