IS THIS A GOOD CARD???

i just want to know if this is a good card. here is the link -

http://www.cclonline.com/product/72775/EAH6850-DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2/Graphics-Cards/Asus-EAH6850-DC/2DIS/1GD5-Radeon-HD-6850-Graphics-Card-1024MB/VGA0482/

and i want to know if this power supply is good for the graphics card. here is the link -

http://www.cclonline.com/product/42172/850UB/Power-Supplies/850W-CiT-Black-Edition-PSU/PSU1203/


THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
16 answers Last reply
More about good card
  1. Yes that Asus DirectCU 6850 is a great card.Yes that PSU will be able to power it but I strongly suggest getting a different PSU.That PSU you linked is of very low quality.

    What are your full system specs?(CPU,RAM,etc.)

    What is your budget for just the PSU itself?
  2. the 6850 and the 560ti were last year best cards for the money. your should be happy with that gaming card. it not going to have the high end frame rate as the newer cards but you should be able to play most games. the 850w power supply will be over kill for the video card but will be the right side if you think of running two cards. the only problem is im in the us i never read about that brand of power supply i would google the model info and see if any computer web pages have tested that power supply or if the review are saying it has high failure rate.
  3. my current system specs are - intel dual core g620, 4gb integral RAM, a generic 450w PSU asus gt210 gpu and a 500gb seagate barracuda HDD
  4. smorizio said:
    the 6850 and the 560ti were last year best cards for the money. your should be happy with that gaming card. it not going to have the high end frame rate as the newer cards but you should be able to play most games. the 850w power supply will be over kill for the video card but will be the right side if you think of running two cards. the only problem is im in the us i never read about that brand of power supply i would google the model info and see if any computer web pages have tested that power supply or if the review are saying it has high failure rate.



    what do you mean by overkill for the graphics card
  5. umar rehman said:
    what do you mean by overkill for the graphics card

    as in you could get away with a quality 500watter
  6. i want a good cheap psu. something below £50
  7. That CIT power supply is very bad. Don't buy it. Check this:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html

    Considering that, I'd suggest getting this power supply, it comes from quality brand, 80 PLUS efficiency certification and will not let you down:
    http://www.cclonline.com/product/55294/CMPSU-600CXUK/Power-Supplies/Corsair-CX600-Builder-Series-600-Watt-ATX-PS/2-Power-Supply-Unit/PSU0098/


    You can check power supply hierarchy here, I would avoid anything that's not in it or below tier 3:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?108088-Official-XS-Power-Supply-Ranking-Phase-I
  8. The CX600 is a much better.Usually Antec is a good bet overseas.
  9. this does really help me but i want a PSU with graphics card connectors and etc...
  10. CX 600 has two 6+2 pin connectors.
  11. This would also be a good alternative.

    http://www.cclonline.com/product/55411/P1-450S-XXB9/Power-Supplies/XFX-Pro-450W-Power-Supply-Unit-Core-Edition-/PSU0202/

    All of the PSU's we've suggested are better in every way compared to the 850watt you wanted to get.I should also state that a 850 watt PSU that only has 1 PCI-E connector screams that theirs something wrong with it.Most quality 850 watt PSU's have at least 4 PCI-E connectors.
  12. purple stank said:
    This would also be a good alternative.

    http://www.cclonline.com/product/55411/P1-450S-XXB9/Power-Supplies/XFX-Pro-450W-Power-Supply-Unit-Core-Edition-/PSU0202/

    All of the PSU's we've suggested are better in every way compared to the 850watt you wanted to get.I should also state that a 850 watt PSU that only has 1 PCI-E connector screams that theirs something wrong with it.Most quality 850 watt PSU's have at least 4 PCI-E connectors.


    so the CX600 PSU will run perfectly finw with the radeon 6850? if it does im defo buying them both after i get my birthday money whic is on the 8th and would both of them fit easily in the gaming case ive got - http://www.cclonline.com/product/3760/2720D/Cases/Galaxy-III-Black/CAS0119/
  13. Yes it will work with the 6850.Yes everything should fit in that case.
  14. since the tadeon 6850 is a good card is the gtx 550 ti sny good. is it better or lower than the 6850. reason is because the gtx 550 ti is cheaper so i just wanna know if that is a good card or not

    thanks
  15. HD 6850 is more powerful than GTX 550 Ti. Around 20-23%.
  16. ^+1
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics