Another question on BT headsets

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and re-pair?
9 answers Last reply
More about another question headsets
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2n52o7FtjgstU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
    > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    re-pair?

    I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can receive
    calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
    disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case with
    any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.

    DaveT
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    ZB wrote:
    > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
    > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    > re-pair?

    I think some of the SonyEricsson ones do that.

    Check out the HBH-600, 65 and 200.

    Hmm, or was that their car kit that does that? Anyway, some of the SE ones
    are slags and not content with monogamy, and are happy to pair with up to 3
    devices. :-p

    Ben
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    Ben Pope wrote:
    > ZB wrote:
    >> Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
    >> with both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    >> re-pair?
    >
    > I think some of the SonyEricsson ones do that.

    Actually... what they usually do is search for the last paired device, and
    if thats not found, then search for the one before... so that might not suit
    your requirement.

    Ben
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    All Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headsets support up to 5 different products.
    (phones, pc, pda etc)
    Bernd
    "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
    > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    re-pair?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    "DaveT" <Dave@privacy.com> wrote in message

    > "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
    with
    > > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    > re-pair?
    > >

    > I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can
    receive
    > calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
    > disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case with
    > any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.
    >
    > DaveT

    How do you pair the 250 with both devices? I've tried with a nokia 7600 and
    n-gage and it only links to the last one it was paired with.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    "Kilroy_Woz_ere" <kilroy@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "DaveT" <Dave@privacy.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
    > with
    > > > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
    > > re-pair?
    > > >

    > > I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can
    > receive
    > > calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
    > > disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case
    with
    > > any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.
    > >
    > > DaveT
    > >

    > How do you pair the 250 with both devices? I've tried with a nokia 7600
    and
    > n-gage and it only links to the last one it was paired with.

    Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
    with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for that
    call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
    Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?

    DaveT
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    > Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
    > with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for that
    > call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
    > Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?

    I've paired the 250 with both phones but it only ever connects to the last
    phone it was paired with. Trying to force the other phone to connect, it
    returns bluetooth connection unavailable.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    > > Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
    > > with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for
    that
    > > call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
    > > Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?
    > >
    > I've paired the 250 with both phones but it only ever connects to the last
    > phone it was paired with. Trying to force the other phone to connect, it
    > returns bluetooth connection unavailable.

    I am sorry, I have told you what I do and it works. I do know after just
    getting rid of a N6600 (I changed it for the Jabra) that the Bluetooth
    implementation on Nokias is not as good as SEs, for a start the T610 has
    both Handsfree (the one N6600 & Ngage (my son has one of those)has) and
    Headset (the T68i has only this) Bluetooth profiles on it. I have both my
    phones setup with the headset profile this may make a difference. If you
    wish I will try and set his Ngage up with the T610 when he comes over next
    time. Also once I paired my phone I now just turn them on they do not need
    pairing or connecting again they just set the Jabra off when a call comes in
    to which I can either press to connect using the Jabra or use the phone
    direct to answer the call. Both phone are set to use Bluetooth as needed and
    be visible all the time.
    When I want to make a call from either handset I turn off the others
    Bluetooth or as I am lazy I just turn off the other phone and switch it back
    on after the call. As I need to know what phone is in use so I have never
    just dialled out from the Jabra to see what happens I have no reason to do
    so.
    I am no expert on these I was/am just reporting what happens to my setup and
    I do not really know what else I can say to try and help you. As you can see
    I do not know why it works but it does.

    DaveT
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    > I am sorry, I have told you what I do and it works. I do know after just
    > getting rid of a N6600 (I changed it for the Jabra) that the Bluetooth
    > implementation on Nokias is not as good as SEs, for a start the T610 has
    > both Handsfree (the one N6600 & Ngage (my son has one of those)has) and
    > Headset (the T68i has only this) Bluetooth profiles on it. I have both my
    > phones setup with the headset profile this may make a difference. If you
    > wish I will try and set his Ngage up with the T610 when he comes over next
    > time. Also once I paired my phone I now just turn them on they do not need
    > pairing or connecting again they just set the Jabra off when a call comes
    in
    > to which I can either press to connect using the Jabra or use the phone
    > direct to answer the call. Both phone are set to use Bluetooth as needed
    and
    > be visible all the time.
    > When I want to make a call from either handset I turn off the others
    > Bluetooth or as I am lazy I just turn off the other phone and switch it
    back
    > on after the call. As I need to know what phone is in use so I have never
    > just dialled out from the Jabra to see what happens I have no reason to do
    > so.
    > I am no expert on these I was/am just reporting what happens to my setup
    and
    > I do not really know what else I can say to try and help you. As you can
    see
    > I do not know why it works but it does.
    >
    > DaveT

    Thanks Dave, I just thought you'd done something different to what I was
    trying. Ahh well, I'll just have to put up with an n-gage stuck to the side
    of my head a while longer!

Nokia Gaming Headsets Phones