Another question on BT headsets

Last response: in Brands
August 2, 2004 1:39:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and re-pair?

More about : question headsets

August 2, 2004 2:11:22 AM

"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2n52o7FtjgstU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
> both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
re-pair?

I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can receive
calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case with
any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.

DaveT
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 3:01:08 AM

ZB wrote:
> Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
> both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
> re-pair?

I think some of the SonyEricsson ones do that.

Check out the HBH-600, 65 and 200.

Hmm, or was that their car kit that does that? Anyway, some of the SE ones
are slags and not content with monogamy, and are happy to pair with up to 3
devices. :-p

Ben
August 2, 2004 3:04:35 AM

Ben Pope wrote:
> ZB wrote:
>> Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
>> with both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
>> re-pair?
>
> I think some of the SonyEricsson ones do that.

Actually... what they usually do is search for the last paired device, and
if thats not found, then search for the one before... so that might not suit
your requirement.

Ben
August 3, 2004 2:58:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

All Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headsets support up to 5 different products.
(phones, pc, pda etc)
Bernd
"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it with
> both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
re-pair?

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 7:37:41 PM

"DaveT" <Dave@privacy.com> wrote in message

> "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
with
> > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
> re-pair?
> >

> I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can
receive
> calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
> disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case with
> any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.
>
> DaveT

How do you pair the 250 with both devices? I've tried with a nokia 7600 and
n-gage and it only links to the last one it was paired with.
August 4, 2004 12:01:58 AM

"Kilroy_Woz_ere" <kilroy@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "DaveT" <Dave@privacy.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Which BT headsets out there can pair with two devices so I can use it
> with
> > > both my mobile phone and PC soft phone without having to unpair and
> > re-pair?
> > >

> > I am using a Jabra BT250 with a T68i and T610 at the same time. Can
> receive
> > calls on a first come first served basis but one phone has to be
> > disconnected for outgoing calls. I would think that would be the case
with
> > any pair of devices used with any headset whatever the make.
> >
> > DaveT
> >

> How do you pair the 250 with both devices? I've tried with a nokia 7600
and
> n-gage and it only links to the last one it was paired with.

Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for that
call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?

DaveT
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 1:22:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
> with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for that
> call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
> Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?

I've paired the 250 with both phones but it only ever connects to the last
phone it was paired with. Trying to force the other phone to connect, it
returns bluetooth connection unavailable.
August 5, 2004 9:20:00 PM

> > Power up the 250 then when you power up the two phones they each pair up
> > with it. Then as I said if either one rings it grabs the headset for
that
> > call and drops it after the call. I use headset profile on both phones.
> > Also have you set the Nokias to accept the connection automatically?
> >
> I've paired the 250 with both phones but it only ever connects to the last
> phone it was paired with. Trying to force the other phone to connect, it
> returns bluetooth connection unavailable.

I am sorry, I have told you what I do and it works. I do know after just
getting rid of a N6600 (I changed it for the Jabra) that the Bluetooth
implementation on Nokias is not as good as SEs, for a start the T610 has
both Handsfree (the one N6600 & Ngage (my son has one of those)has) and
Headset (the T68i has only this) Bluetooth profiles on it. I have both my
phones setup with the headset profile this may make a difference. If you
wish I will try and set his Ngage up with the T610 when he comes over next
time. Also once I paired my phone I now just turn them on they do not need
pairing or connecting again they just set the Jabra off when a call comes in
to which I can either press to connect using the Jabra or use the phone
direct to answer the call. Both phone are set to use Bluetooth as needed and
be visible all the time.
When I want to make a call from either handset I turn off the others
Bluetooth or as I am lazy I just turn off the other phone and switch it back
on after the call. As I need to know what phone is in use so I have never
just dialled out from the Jabra to see what happens I have no reason to do
so.
I am no expert on these I was/am just reporting what happens to my setup and
I do not really know what else I can say to try and help you. As you can see
I do not know why it works but it does.

DaveT
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 5:17:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> I am sorry, I have told you what I do and it works. I do know after just
> getting rid of a N6600 (I changed it for the Jabra) that the Bluetooth
> implementation on Nokias is not as good as SEs, for a start the T610 has
> both Handsfree (the one N6600 & Ngage (my son has one of those)has) and
> Headset (the T68i has only this) Bluetooth profiles on it. I have both my
> phones setup with the headset profile this may make a difference. If you
> wish I will try and set his Ngage up with the T610 when he comes over next
> time. Also once I paired my phone I now just turn them on they do not need
> pairing or connecting again they just set the Jabra off when a call comes
in
> to which I can either press to connect using the Jabra or use the phone
> direct to answer the call. Both phone are set to use Bluetooth as needed
and
> be visible all the time.
> When I want to make a call from either handset I turn off the others
> Bluetooth or as I am lazy I just turn off the other phone and switch it
back
> on after the call. As I need to know what phone is in use so I have never
> just dialled out from the Jabra to see what happens I have no reason to do
> so.
> I am no expert on these I was/am just reporting what happens to my setup
and
> I do not really know what else I can say to try and help you. As you can
see
> I do not know why it works but it does.
>
> DaveT

Thanks Dave, I just thought you'd done something different to what I was
trying. Ahh well, I'll just have to put up with an n-gage stuck to the side
of my head a while longer!
!