Hello!

What power supply unit would be the most ideal for this these system specs:

Case - Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU - i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.6GHz
Mobo - ASUS P9X79 LE Intel x79
HDD - SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM
Memory - 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Quad Channel
Video - NVidia GeForce GTX 670

Not necessarily the most powerful out there, just a good PSU that is priced well and has a great reputation for functionality and longevity.

Thank you in advance!

Solution

It's a fine choice, it should also leave you head room to throw in a second 670 if you find you want to play in crazy high resolutions in the future.

Namrezy

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Cost I guess would be a secondary concern. I'm willing to spend a few hundred dollars to make sure I get a unit that has good reviews, is compatible with my case and components, and has proven longevity.

Thank you for help!

Any decent 520w or better would power those specs
Longevity is a tough call, good quality power supplies are usually discontinued long before their warranty runs out so by the time we learn how long they can last they are no longer available
Seasonic and Seasonic built units under other brand names are generally the safest bet

Namrezy

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I'm looking at the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply.

Is this a good choice with my systems specs above?

Traciatim

Distinguished

It's a fine choice, it should also leave you head room to throw in a second 670 if you find you want to play in crazy high resolutions in the future.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.