Upgrade or new system Myst of Pandaria

Hello,
I am looking into possible upgrades that would make a difference or just going to save to buy a whole new computer.Currently I am using an older dell inspiron 530.

Intell e4400 @ 2.0ghz
3gb ram
Ati 5670 1gb
300w factory psu

I was contemplating on upgrading to:
e8500: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036
and either an amd or nivida similar to this price range:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131477

Problem is I am running an g3302 mobo that does not support quad core. Also am running windows 32 bit so im stuck at 3gb of ram.

The system requirments are:4GB RAM, up from 2GB.
64bit Windows 7, up from 64bit Windows Vista/7.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2, up from the Intel Pentium D.
Nvidia 8800GT, up from the 8600.
AMD 4830 512MB, up from the 2600.

I would like to be able to run this game clean with the smallest amount of money, right now I can run on high with 40-60 fps. From the looks of it, I can probably get away with my cpu but barely. I was wondering if a better gpu than the 5670 would be bottlenecked my the cpu, if so, will a better dual core with at least 2.5 - 3ghz make a noticable difference over my e4400 @ 2ghz.. Please help...

Remember least amount of money to sustain my current performance in this game. Hopefully just gpu and psu alone. And I dont think the 6670 would be much of an improvement, thats my only other choice with my current psu.
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrade system myst pandaria
  1. FOR FPS in wow, i take in account your VGA card, and some processor, i found that if you upgrade your processer you might be able to squeeze out some extra FPS
  2. you can also upgrade to the 64 bit version and upgrade the ram while your at it
  3. Just thinking about numbers.....120$ for gpu, 100$ for cpu possibly from ebay, 60 psu = 280 give or take a few bucks, Im also considering buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147989&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Or something similar....Can someone also explain amd cpu equivalents to intels please.
  4. Im just worried if I upgrade from a 5670 to a 7770 ( or equivalent) It will be bottlenecked by my cpu. If I buy that refurbished computer from newegg and add my 5670 to it, I think the major upgrade is cpu power and ram should be enough to run wow close to max.....I just need opinions, im kinda new at this.
  5. Phenom II x2 are your Dual cores, Phenom II x4 are your quads, 985BE is your Sandy Bridge i5 2500k equivalent.
  6. I had a 5770 and i was able to get 50-60ish fps on high. but i was using a Phenom II x4 965be , then i downgraded to a Quad 9600 and got like *** all for fps, using the same VGA card
  7. You had a phenom quad, the black edition and a 5770 which is a way better set up than mine, how come your fps was not that much higher than mine. And im surprised that downgrading to the quad 9600 made that big of a difference in wow. Anything above a duo core should not be breaking a sweat with that game.

Still dont know if I should get a new Gpu or just look for a good deal on a good refurbished system.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product