Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best non-reference Geforce GTX 670 GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 3, 2012 12:02:17 AM

Which is the best non-reference gtx 670 for the $$. I had my eye on the Zotac AMP! edition for $420. I dont want to spend more if i dont see any improvement. thanks for the help!
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 12:04:45 AM

It's great really. But also you might wanna consider Asus DC II Top or EVGA FTW those are the top overclockers GTX 670s. Go with the cheapest.
m
0
l
a c 86 Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 12:49:20 AM

Of the currently available GeForce GTX 670 cards the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition is the one that comes with the highest factory overclock.

That higher clock speed also comes with a higher power requirement.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 3, 2012 12:56:38 AM

ko888 said:
Of the currently available GeForce GTX 670 cards the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition is the one that comes with the highest factory overclock.

That higher clock speed also comes with a higher power requirement.


If i get the AMP! endition along with like a ASRock Extreme4 and a 3570K CPU, will 500w psu suffice?
m
0
l
a c 86 Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:07:57 AM

adampcpower said:
If i get the AMP! endition along with like a ASRock Extreme4 and a 3570K CPU, will 500w psu suffice?

The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition draws 52 Watts more than the nVIDIA reference design card.

Zotac specifies a 600 Watt power supply for that specific card.

What is the make and model of your 500 Watt PSU?

If it has at least a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 33 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors then it should be sufficient.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:08:11 AM

Yes it will be sufficient just ensure it's a quality branded PSU, Antec or Corsair.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:12:10 AM

At load the Zotac Amp! Edition will consume 214W:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_67...

At load the 3570k will consume 121W:



The total is 335 Watts. You need to know how many total watts your other components use such as motherboard and RAM, and if you overclocked your components. Right now it looks okay without your other specs.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:16:14 AM

Acoording to hardware heaven review total power consumption with the AMP @ full load is 369W, even if with OCing the card it shouldn't exceed the 410W.

So if it's a true quality PSU there will be no problem.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:19:20 AM

Well, if you are saying that it is 369 watts, plus add in the 121 watts full load coming from the CPU. The OP would be at 490. I suggest getting a higher watt PSU.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:22:08 AM

fantastik250 said:
Well, if you are saying that it is 369 watts, plus add in the 121 watts full load coming from the CPU. The OP would be at 490. I suggest getting a higher watt PSU.

369W as a total system power consumption, including the CPU OCed
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:22:43 AM

Okay that sounds better lol.
m
0
l
!