Closed Solved

Will a 430W power supply still power a card that needs 450W?

Obviously the card won't be using 450W, but the minimum requirements is a 450W power supply and I only have a 430W.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will 430w power supply power card 450w
  1. Best answer
    If its a quality unit, of course. GPU makers VASTLY overstate the requirements.
  2. Vettedude said:
    If its a quality unit, of course. GPU makers VASTLY overstate the requirements.


    It's a Corsair CX430, so I know it's quality :P Thanks man.
  3. Best answer selected by intensity254.
  4. CX isn't the best quality to be honest, its comparable to the CM EP+, but it will deliver the rated wattages.

    What card were you looking at?
  5. mastrom101 said:
    CX isn't the best quality to be honest, its comparable to the CM EP+


    Easily qualifies as one of the funniest things I've read here
  6. delluser1 said:
    Easily qualifies as one of the funniest things I've read here



    The EP+ and the CX series are similar, there made by good brands, but are the cheapest model and wont provide the performance your expecting from the brand name.

    Also, your not paying the premium that you would for one of these brands.

    Did you know the CM EP+ 600 watt has a better customer rating than the CX series 600 watt? That's coming from real people who have purchased them, the CX series is more frequently DOA than the CM's. I personally think that the quality is similar, but the CM has a smaller 12v rail. The only bad review i've seen about the cm EP+ 600watt was from hardwaresecrets, where they try to overload the 12v rails and wonder why it doesn't work.

    Both of these PSU's are no-frills PSU's, delivering just barely what they claim, with little extra features.

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=422166 4.4 Star Rating
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4434993&CatId=1483 4.6 Star
  7. And it just gets funnier
    Tigerdirect customer ratings , really ?
    You do realize that there are more than twice as many reviews there for the CX, right ?
    And you do understand that that has an affect on the overall rating right ?
    I'm one of the guys who told you that your psu was good enough to run your system, never said it was good.
    We've been thru the rail thing, you apparently still don't get it.
    It's split rail design and lower 12v output along with higher ripple and no 80+ rating doesn't compare at all with the CX.
  8. delluser1 said:
    And it just gets funnier
    Tigerdirect customer ratings , really ?
    You do realize that there are more than twice as many reviews there for the CX, right ?
    And you do understand that that has an affect on the overall rating right ?
    I'm one of the guys who told you that your psu was good enough to run your system, never said it was good.
    We've been thru the rail thing, you apparently still don't get it.
    It's split rail design and lower 12v output along with higher ripple and no 80+ rating doesn't compare at all with the CX.



    ^ This.

    The Coolermaster EP+ is made by AcBel Polytech ( also known as giant Chinese firecracker brand number 1 ). It fails Hardwaresecrets testing due to dangerous ripple and noise.


    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-400-W-Power-Supply-Review/957/9

    The Corsair 430CX is made by the very good CWT and gets a Hardwaresecrets Golden award. That's as high an award as they give.

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2-Power-Supply-Review/1284/10
  9. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Power Graphics