New build, no left headphone sound problem

lurn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Hello, I recently built a new computer, my first build ever.

Here are my specs:

Case: Cool Master Haf 912

MOBO: Asus P8z77-V pro
PSU: Antec earthwatts EA380 380W

DVD-RW: Asus 24X DVD Burner DRW-24B1ST

Blu-Ray Burner: LG 14x BH14NS40

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Operating System: Windows 7 professional

Everything seems to work okay thus far, but i'm getting no sound from my left speaker. I installed the latest drivers of Realtek High definition from the ASUS website. I then uninstalled, and installed the drivers from the DVD. The problem still existed.

My headphones work on any other mp3 device, computer front/rear panels.

I tried the simple balance L and R method. I can hear out of the right headphone, no sound at all turned all the way to the left.

I checked on the motherboard to see if the wires for the AAFP connector were bent. They looked okay. I enabled the HD audio in my BIOS and connected the HD Audio cable form my HaF 912 case to the AAFP connector. No success.

I then tried enabling AC' 97 audio in the BIOS and connecting the AC'97 legacy wire to the AAFP on the MOBO. Still no sound out of the left headphone. I get sound coming from the right headphone, but none at all from the left. I tried the front panel and the rear audio panel. The system recognizes and alerts on the screen each time I connect earphones to the front or rear. But it only comes out of the Right output, no left.

I would clarify that when I say sound, I mean music, video, etc. Oddly enough, I hear some strange, faint sound in the left headphone. As if some sound is trying to come out of it. The faint sound seems to coincide with the mechanical hard drive spinning. This faint sound also occurs in the left headphone when I have the mute option on.

At this point, I wondering if its a MOBO issues or the audio wires from the Computer case? Or is it something else altogether?

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Any help, advice, suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thank you.

lurn

make sure your not using the line out port. also with some head phones if a wire or the plug goes bad one side of your head phones can stop working. if you have another set of speakers or headphones..i would try them. also check your bios and the audio set up that your telling the sound card your using two speaker headphones not 5 or 7.1 set up.

lurn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
make sure your not using the line out port. also with some head phones if a wire or the plug goes bad one side of your head phones can stop working. if you have another set of speakers or headphones..i would try them. also check your bios and the audio set up that your telling the sound card your using two speaker headphones not 5 or 7.1 set up.

i'm confused by the line out port comment. in my manual for my MOBO it states to connect headphones to the lime green port, which is the line out port.

Also, the line out port is the only time I hear anything out of the left side of my head phones. But it just white noise, or like a vinyl sound of an old record player. If I tap on the computer case, I get a weird bleeding noise sound from the left headphone. Sound from music/video clips only come out of the right headphone. Again, this is when the headphones are connected to the rear line out port.

If i connect the headphones to the front panel port, I get no sound at all from the left head phone, only sound out of the right.

I made sure the options in the RealTek Audio Manager are on stereo, and not 5 or 7.1

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Still, no luck.