Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hd6950 DVI+HDMI output doesn't work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 3, 2012 1:33:29 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my HDTV as my second monitor and whatever I do I can't get anything to display on it. Here's the detail:

I'm using gigabyte HD6950 1GB OC version, win7 pro 64bit, latest driver from AMD website. My main monitor is Dell 2408wfp, connected using DVI.

I connect my TV(Sony EX5 40inch LCD) via HDMI to the HDMI port on graphic card. Although Windows recognizes my TV as an additional display, I can't get extended desktop to show up on the TV. I know extended desktop is in effect(mouse can move off the edge). I tried messing with Eyefinity(following the sticky thread) but without luck.

Any help is appreciated!
June 3, 2012 1:39:45 AM

The HDMI shares the clock with one of the DVI port and therefore will not work simultaneously. Therefore, use the other DVI port in the graphics card to connect your Dell.
m
0
l
June 3, 2012 2:06:48 AM

randomkid said:
The HDMI shares the clock with one of the DVI port and therefore will not work simultaneously. Therefore, use the other DVI port in the graphics card to connect your Dell.


Should I be using the DVI-I or DVI-D port on my card? I tried both and neither worked...
m
0
l
Related resources
June 3, 2012 2:10:05 AM

If you tried both and neither work, try to connect the TV not via HDMI but over VGA cable thru its PC input using DVI-VGA adapter that should be bundled with the graphics card. This is to isolate whether the HDMI port have defect or not.
m
0
l
June 3, 2012 4:44:32 AM

randomkid said:
If you tried both and neither work, try to connect the TV not via HDMI but over VGA cable thru its PC input using DVI-VGA adapter that should be bundled with the graphics card. This is to isolate whether the HDMI port have defect or not.


What I can tell is that the HDMI port on card works fine(I connected it to my monitor which has an HDMI input and things work fine)
m
0
l
June 3, 2012 8:36:24 AM

You mean the dell worked via the hdmi? If yes it means hdmi port is fine. Try to keep the dell in hdmi and connect your tv via the dvi port using dvi to vga adaptor.
m
0
l
June 3, 2012 3:51:22 PM

randomkid said:
You mean the dell worked via the hdmi? If yes it means hdmi port is fine. Try to keep the dell in hdmi and connect your tv via the dvi port using dvi to vga adaptor.


I need to get a DVI-VGA adapter first(don't remember if the card comes with one), will report when have a chance. Thanks!
m
0
l
!