How to change CD Burning Shell folder location for everyone?

Hello,
Our GOP prevent students save anything on C Drive. Unforturnately, CD
Burning stage folder in on C (%Userprofile%Local Setting\Application
Date\Microsoft\CD Burning). I would like to change this default location to
second partition, such as D drive where everyone has full control. I have
tried to changed the default user profile and add a key in
....Software\microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell folder\ to point
the CD Burning folder to D:\CD Burning. I also changed HKUR\.Defulat.
However, when new user profile created, the default location is still
pointed to C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile....
I know edit HKCU will do the job, however, since multiple users will share
the machine in a lab, I need to change it so that every new user will get the
modified location for CD Burning folder.
Help!
1 answer Last reply
More about change burning shell folder location everyone

    Mark,

    You need to make changes to the "User Shell Folders" (not in "Shell
    folders")

    How to create a custom default user profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Mark Man" <MarkMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Our GOP prevent students save anything on C Drive. Unforturnately, CD
    > Burning stage folder in on C (%Userprofile%Local Setting\Application
    > Date\Microsoft\CD Burning). I would like to change this default location
    > second partition, such as D drive where everyone has full control. I have
    > tried to changed the default user profile and add a key in
    > ...Software\microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell folder\ to
    > point
    > the CD Burning folder to D:\CD Burning. I also changed HKUR\.Defulat.
    > However, when new user profile created, the default location is still
    > pointed to C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile....
    > I know edit HKCU will do the job, however, since multiple users will share
    > the machine in a lab, I need to change it so that every new user will get
    > the
    > modified location for CD Burning folder.
    > Help!

Configuration Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP