BSOD's 0x0000007E and 7B

obelix94

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello!

Recently, when i switched on computer in the morning, i have BSOD when loading system. However, the computer was reset, and the second time turn on normally. That was for about 2 weeks.

I thought it was a breeze. And finally (yesterday) BSOD performed at every turn on your computer (http://ifotos.pl/zobacz/Beztytuuj_rrwxnhq.jpg/). After a few restart, computer was turn on. To correct the problem i had reinstall the network adapter drivers TP-Link WN 722N.

Now, i have another BSOD, and i cant turn on the computer.
http://ifotos.pl/zobacz/IMG37892j_rreqpqx.jpg/

My computer was overcloacking - from 2.2ghz to 2.6ghz. But, was stable. Temperature was around from 38 to 40 degrees Celsius. However the northbridge is very warm. I checked by hand. And motherboard with cpu, have already been over 4 years.

Windows 7 Professional x64
Msi P35 Neo-f
C2D E4500
GeForce 8800GT
2x2GB Geil 800 + 2gb kingston 800
Zasilacz OCZ Stealth 550W

I made some tests.

I tested HDD by MHDD: it was no error, but i have two warnings. SMART photo: http://ifotos.pl/zobacz/IMG37952j_rrwpaea.jpg/

RAM: i tested two loops in ram test from UBCD: no error.

Voltage of power supply is ok: 12.27, 5.07 and 3.31.

I running the system repair tool, but it dont help.

I brought back the default values of BIOS.

What is the reason of BSOD?

PS: Sorry, for my English :)

G

I got 0x7F and it was due to memory. Setting it to factory memory settings fixed the problem. Its a different letter than yours but won't hurt to try?

Quaddro

Distinguished
Okay, after scan, do you still got bsod..?

BSOD is very random situation...try to bump your processor voltage more.
but if it cannot solve your problem..
according to your explanation, maybe you have problem with your powersupply,
Check your cable from psu to mobo, reseat it well, and try to assemble your computer outside casing.
and dont forget try to swap your psu with other psu.

ocz is not very good psu.

PS: Sorry, for my English :)

obelix94

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I have all settings in default values. I reset the BIOS.

I forgot to write. Two times i have this message from BIOS: Warning! The previous performance of overclocking is failed, and the system is restored to the defaults setting.

But the settings were default.

Yeah, i still have 7B bsod. I also try to increase only voltage of cpu.

Oh, capacitor / condenser are not swollen / ventricose. I dont know how to write this :D

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

Since your BIOS has reset to default BIOS settings, see if your SATA ports are now using AHCI instead of IDE. 0x07B is usually an inaccessible boot device error in most of my personal experiences it results from the BIOS being set to use AHCI while Windows hasn't had the AHCI drivers installed.

obelix94

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I have another disk with Windows 7 Prof x64, which work.

First, i try to put disk from damage computer, to working computer. And it still does not work - the same BSOD.

But, when i take disk from working computer, and put it to damage computer, windows show the same bsod (7B).

After that, when i put back "working" disk with "working" system to working computer, system turn on, without bsod.

I think, its something with my motherboard. But how i can check this?

--EDIT:

With another PSU is the same BSOD.

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Without knowing the error code that caused this exception, not much more I can do. The fact a system thread crashed is an indication of a possible HDD/RAM problem though.

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Points to the HDD.

I'd look at the picture of the SMART warning you got, but access to the site is blocked at work. But I'm guessing HDD at this point.

Also, you can't just swap HDD's and expect windows to boot without a problem (due to dirvers and the like). At the very least, you need to make sure the BIOS is pointing to the correct HDD...

obelix94

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
What you mean?

I've installed windows 7 on other disk, and it looks like it works. I dont know, where problem is: software or hardware. But, if its hardware new disk should dont work. Maybe it breaks down soon...

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
You said when you set it to IDE, it doesn't detect a drive. Make sure when you set it to IDE that it didn't also disable your SATA ports.

It has been a few days since you last posted and nobody has responded, what is your status right now with your computer?

obelix94

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I reinstalled the Windows 7. It seems that it works, but two times I had the same BSOD, when i turn on computer.

I dont know the reason, and propably no one knows.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Like you said though, it does seem like a hardware failure somewhere because it gets worse overtime. As the faulty hardware keeps corrupting data that it writes back to your hard drive, like bad RAM would do, it will eventually corrupt your installation of Windows to the point where it can't boot or run properly.

However, it would take replacement parts for several components and probably a reinstall of Windows, or using an image of a fresh install, for every component you wanted to test to figure out which one is the problem.