Processor fail or PSU? PC shutting down

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
hey i really dont know where to post, and i thought posting here is the most suitable..
well probably this section is not meant for problems but ill give it a try..

My PC is 2 weeks new, i built it myself(for the first time, i may have screwed up...) and now it has shut down twice, once when i was playing Dota2, and once while i was surfing the web.

Someone told me to check the temperatures and voltages and fan speeds. I installed a program but i dont really know what to conclude.So be my guests

http://imageshack.us/f/543/finalgm.jpg/

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012

Corsair 600w builder series V2 80+
I played 1 hour of DOTA2 before and nothing happened. Then i closed the game, was at desktop, left the PC idle for a while and i came back and it was OFF :(

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I would go into the bios and check what your thermal shutdown levels are set to,
it will be in the power section of the bios, it may be the cause as the settings are too low so it trips the computer into shut down mode. Also take a look in windows at your power settings. Have a look also at your suspend modes in the bios and set them to s1-s3 or s1-s4. it may be the case they are not set and the computer is going into sleep mode but cannot so it shuts down instead.

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012

There was S1 (POS) and S3 (STR). I chose S3

Also there was a thermal something i dont remember the name and it was enabled

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
i come back here to report that the solution was to set the RAM timings and latencies on BIOS to 9-9-9-24 (my ram's factory defaults).
that was why it was shutting down